It’s not there now, the ground’s all flat
And beneath it is the bloke in the bowler hat
And that’s that
wysefool
wysefool
107 posts

Re: NEO-NAZI RALLY ALLOWED TO GO AHEAD IN AVEBURY
Apr 28, 2007, 15:01
Hmmm. The last time our local peace lovers met any 'Odinists' was at Wayland Smithy a fair few years ago during the summer solstice.

These ones must have been different from the Avebury lot as they were dressed predominately in black, all male (fuelled up on god knows what) and declaring themselves to be 'Odinists' (Although i'm sure there are always people who declare themselves to be part of a group without actually being part of that group... i diverse....). The interruption of some bizarre ritual cost a very good friend of mine a hospital visit for a line of stitches on his skull, care of a very large Maglite and involved most people running for their life. It also cost them most of the glass of their Bedford CA being stoved in with baseball bats and some very innocent and frightened kids counting their lucky stars.

Thankfully the following year was not blighted by any incident, but many of my friends still refuse to go back there.

Wayland being a Teutonic name given to the 'Neolithic tomb', probably by some Anglo-Saxons a mere 4000+ odd years later is no literay justification for them using the site. The place has nothing to do with any Teutonic, Anglo-Saxon, Woden, Odin, German, English, Celtic or Psuedo Bronze Age movement that exists - it's a new stone age tomb. They should read more books (and watch less telly? :-| ), or study a calendar every now and then (and learn some chronology).

I guess I feel the same for Avebury. It's got nothing to do with Odin.

I agree that anyone should be allowed to worship privately (even publicly) in their own way. I'd love to see Buddhists, Christians (OK unlikely), Muslims (OK possibly even more unlikely) and any faith come to the place. Its what they 'bring' to the place that's important. Actions speak louder than words, so as long as they didn't actually 'do' anything, then let them not be judged. But I certainly feel the little red flags of warning waving in my mind...... but then I would, because i saw the stitches in my friends head, and I saw the broken glass on the floor of the van, and I saw the faces of my freinds kiddies.

Wysefool
(off to sit in a tree and chat to the big old fella casting runes)
earthlingdave
earthlingdave
285 posts

Apr 28, 2007, 16:02
and incredibly sad too, why do people think like this???????
andygreyweather
94 posts

Apr 28, 2007, 17:56
Hopefully that last posting shuts the "I was there and they were nice young chaps" mob up.

In Russia, Neo-Nazi's (Yes! After all those poor b*****ds went through in WW2, NAZI's actually proliferate there ... note: not to be confused with Russian Nationalists) regularly meet along the Black Sea coast and indeed, throughout much of Russia and the Ukraine ... at ... neolithic sites.

Wayland's Smithy! Blimey!
andygreyweather
94 posts

Apr 28, 2007, 17:57
First hand experience of their deranged rantings left me less than prone to ask if they fancied a photo call!
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Apr 28, 2007, 19:01
earthlingdave wrote:
and incredibly sad too, why do people think like this???????

Even sadder, though typical of some folks here, is the complete lack of someone saying, "Oops - sorry - I got was wrong."
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Apr 28, 2007, 19:02
Paulus wrote:
[quote="earthlingdave"]and incredibly sad too, why do people think like this???????

...or rather, "Oops - sorry - I was wrong."
andygreyweather
94 posts

Apr 28, 2007, 19:03
Is that before are after the fu***ers have hit you with a maglite?
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Apr 28, 2007, 19:05
Hi Wyse-ie

wysefool wrote:
Hmmm. The last time our local peace lovers met any 'Odinists' was at Wayland Smithy a fair few years ago during the summer solstice.

These ones must have been different from the Avebury lot as they were dressed predominately in black, all male (fuelled up on god knows what) and declaring themselves to be 'Odinists' (Although i'm sure there are always people who declare themselves to be part of a group without actually being part of that group... i diverse....). The interruption of some bizarre ritual cost a very good friend of mine a hospital visit for a line of stitches on his skull, care of a very large Maglite and involved most people running for their life. It also cost them most of the glass of their Bedford CA being stoved in with baseball bats and some very innocent and frightened kids counting their lucky stars.

Thankfully the following year was not blighted by any incident, but many of my friends still refuse to go back there.

Wayland being a Teutonic name given to the 'Neolithic tomb', probably by some Anglo-Saxons a mere 4000+ odd years later is no literay justification for them using the site. The place has nothing to do with any Teutonic, Anglo-Saxon, Woden, Odin, German, English, Celtic or Psuedo Bronze Age movement that exists - it's a new stone age tomb. They should read more books (and watch less telly? :-| ), or study a calendar every now and then (and learn some chronology).

I guess I feel the same for Avebury. It's got nothing to do with Odin.

I agree that anyone should be allowed to worship privately (even publicly) in their own way. I'd love to see Buddhists, Christians (OK unlikely), Muslims (OK possibly even more unlikely) and any faith come to the place. Its what they 'bring' to the place that's important. Actions speak louder than words, so as long as they didn't actually 'do' anything, then let them not be judged. But I certainly feel the little red flags of warning waving in my mind...... but then I would, because i saw the stitches in my friends head, and I saw the broken glass on the floor of the van, and I saw the faces of my freinds kiddies.

Wysefool
(off to sit in a tree and chat to the big old fella casting runes)

I appreciate your sentiments in one way, but just cos one bunch of Odinists were tossers doesn't make 'em all like that. I was at the Battle of the Beanfield when it all happened, all those years back, but don't treat all coppers as violent thugs. And I know that some priests molest children, so does that mean they all do...?
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Apr 28, 2007, 19:09
andygreyweather wrote:
Is that before are after the fu***ers have hit you with a maglite?

As I've just said, being at the Battle of the Beanfield, where coppers were hitting all and sundry, doesn't make me taint them all as the same. Besides, you didn't get hit did you? Or does your egomania (exemplified by the inability to say, 'oops - I gorrit wrong') make you widen it into other parameters, including things which didn't happen? Getta grip!
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index