tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jan 29, 2011, 00:28
Re: Sea burial
Jan 28, 2011, 22:25
The Eternal wrote:
tjj wrote:
.......PS: I worked for a good few years helping to provide services to people with learning difficulties/disabilities (previously known as mentally handicapped) and I just happen to think the word 'moron' is denigrating in the extreme.

June,
My wife works for a "special school", so I understand and agree fully with what you mean, and not at all in a "politically correct" way, just in a human way. These unfortunate people are just that - people, not morons.
If people want to see what morons look like, then all they need to do is watch Crimewatch, or any other of the many programmes about low-life.
All the best,
TE.

Thanks TE, I was just about to remove that bit in case it came across as overly politically correct. One thing I have learnt in life is that language does matter - certain words are programmed to diminish the person they are said to, or about.
There is, as you say, a place for the word moron/moronic... as applied to mindless and destructive behaviour. An artist, however much some may dislike their work, doesn't deserve it. Enough said.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index