Soundtracks up to 10.10.15

36 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks up to 10.10.15
Oct 11, 2015, 22:51
Street Legal – Bob Dylan
I hadn’t heard this in some time, but after hearing the lovely Baby Stop Crying yesterday I thought I’d give it a whirl. The critics were sniffy about it at the time, but I liked it (it was the first Dylan LP I bought!) I remember talking to a Dylan fan circa 1990 and him saying Street Legal was Dylan's last great LP. I remarked that it wasn't rated at the time and he said something like "Yeah, but we didn't know how bad things were gonna get after that!" Of course there have been LP's that are rated since though!

Before & After Science – Eno
Loving this at the moment!

Commune - Goat
This still hasn’t grabbed me like the first one did.

Shadow Of The Sun - Moon Duo
OK, they’re one trick ponies, but it’s a decent trick. Free The Skull is excellent - I just wish it was longer that four minutes!

The Black Ark Years (The Jamaican 7”s) - Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry
Especially Susan Cadogan’s Do It Baby. Incidentally I hadn’t known that her 1975 minor hit Love Me Baby was produced by a pre-SAW Pete Waterman!

The Stone Turntable – Transglobal Underground
A Gathering of Strangers – Unite
Stone Turntable is a more than decent TGU album from a few years back. The Unite album is another TGU project from 2010 that passed me by till last year.

Where Did the Night Fall - Unkle
This really is a great album. The closing two tracks with vocals by Gavin Clarke and Mark Lanegan (sounding very Iggy-like) respectively are excellent.

Also...
Mala – Devendra Banhart
S/T - Cult Of Dom Keller
Music Complete - New Order
Between The Buttons – Rolling Stones
The Dub Album That They Didn’t Want You To Hear - Scientist
Heads & Hearts – The Sound
Granular Tales – The Woodentops
Is Is EP – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index