Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 03 October 2015 CE

48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 03 October 2015 CE
Oct 06, 2015, 18:28
Iron Maiden - Book of Souls. 92 minutes of epic metalness in a lovely book sleeve. The world will always be a better place with 20 minute song about an airship disaster in it. Love it!

McAlmont & Butler - The Sound of...
Goatsnake - Black Age Blues
The Answer - Raise A Little Hell

System 7/Mirror System - N + X. Strange split album of trance and ambient from what is essentially, the same band! Good though!

The Haarp Machine -Disclosure

London Afrobeat Collective - Food Chain. Extremely funky afro beat grooves with occasional flourishes of Ernie Isley style guitar. V nice

Get the Blessing - Astronautilus. More quirk jazz and spikiness!

Mutoid Man - Bleeder. Cave In spin-off of punky prog metal. I like it a lot but at 30 mins, I could've happily enjoyed another song or two.

Ohmwork - ST. Nordic, stripped down power trio metal with NWOBHM type vibes. It doth rock.

Moulettes - st. Very splendid mixed bag of jazz, klezmer, folk and more. I was told I'd like them by a friend that saw them at a festival proclaiming, as he did, their brilliance. I really like this and must go on the sniff for more.

Galley Beggar - Silence & Tears. The spirit of female fronted Fairports lives on. Very nice and must also hear more of these folk. (Thanks IanB)

Uriah Heep - Sea of Light
The Portraits -- Lions and Butterflies
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Searching for the Young Soul Rebels

Have a nice week.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index