48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Edited Oct 04, 2015, 20:27
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 03 October 2015 CE
Oct 04, 2015, 19:16
Master Musicians of Bukkake - Further West Quad Cult LP. A stand alone LP made from Far West source material but you can also listen to both at the same time, synced. I've limitied technology for this but the Further West LP on the hifi and Far West on my mp3 player (which has decent volume), placed on sofa on other side of the room, worked. There are possibly sync issues as turntable is a slightly different speed but it works. Would love to hear it properly with two systems with same sound quality etc.

Master Musicans of Bukkake - Far West, obviously given above. But actually I'd been listening to this a lot a month or so ago. Grows and grows.

The Untied Knot - Description of a Flame. The VINYL version - had the mp3 for ages but now got the real thing. And it looks great too! Recommended.

Lumerians - the Cardinal Fuzz album that I can't remember the name of. Picked up cheaply after their excellent set at Liverpool Psych Fest. Great stuff.

Hills - Frid. Hadn't listened to this for a few weeks. Marvelous.

White Hills - Walks for Motorists. Finally got round to hearing this. Growing on me.

Chef Menteur - Force Majeure. Really enjoying this from the 3 cd 'box set' on Cardinal Fuzz. More succinct than the other album in the set so it has had more play but both a excellent. Not got round to the third cd of jams.

Carlton Melton - Out to Sea. 70+ minutes of chilled & heavy Melton.

From the archives:

Dead Sea Apes and Black Tempest - Sun behind the sun. Just arrived at Psych Fest on the Saturday when DSA were on so missed most of their set. Listened to this as don't have their lastest.

Ambarchi-O'Malley-Dunn - Shade Themes from Kairos. A marvelous double LP from last year. Revisited simply as all three are on my radar at the moment - Dunn with the MMOB album and the other two are playing the TUSK festival in Gateshead next weekend.

Julian Cope - Odin... for a sleepless night.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index