8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 30 May 2015 CE
Jun 04, 2015, 23:25
riverman wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
riverman wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Kikagaku Moyo - Mammatus Clouds

Missed that off my list - gave it a spin earlier today. Seeing them at the Lexington a week Monday.

That'll be brilliant! I love the Lexington, possibly my fave venue. Me, I'm trying to lay off the gigs while I'm doing my yoga teacher training - but Raw Power has given a welcome injection of noise to my year!

What were your highlights of Raw Power?

Didn't see a bad thing while I was there, so hard to pick the best. Gnod were astounding, in whole new unexpected ways (yes, even after hearing Infinity Machines), as always! Luminous Bodies were flipping wonderful, what a way to start the festival - more energy than Dungeoness, and twice as toxic. Sex Swing were dirty and like an unstoppable lorry on an oily road. Pharaoh Overlord brought a big silly grin to my face with their repeato riffs and synchro moves, and Earthless, well Earthless were breathtaking. And there was more...

Wish I'd had the energy to stay for the last day (I sooooo wanted to see Blown Out, and by all accounts Circle were a gas), but I was utterly wiped by Sunday morning!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index