Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 30 May 2015 CE

33 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 30 May 2015 CE
May 31, 2015, 22:07
Factory Smog Is A Sign Of Progress – Arsenal
I was never sure of this was an album or an ep! Anyway, this and their earlier release – the Manipulator ep – are gathered on one almighty cd. For the uninitiated, Arsenal were a project by Santiago Durango of Big Black fame. He was clearly unaware that he would have garnered more airplay from Peel if he had called them just about anything else!

Second Hand Daylight - Magazine
Another band I've been playing a lot lately. The cd includes the wonderful Give Me Everything 45.

Siren – Roxy Music
Flesh & Blood – Roxy Music
Avalon – Roxy Music
My current Roxy fixation continues. I can’t get enough of the likes of Both Ends Burning and Same Old Scene at the moment! Although I've always loved the singles I considered Flesh & Blood as their weakest album and maybe it is, but it’s much better than I thought – once you get past the rather uninspired cover of Midnight Hour from a man / band who have done some pretty good covers in their time.

The Ideal Copy – Wire
A Bell Is A Cup - Wire
I’m still reading the Read & Burn book. I wasn’t too wild about the early pages, but it really is a very good read. And these are two fine 80’s LP’s, regardless of what band members may say. The cd version of Ideal Copy also includes the Snakedrill ep.

Also...
Heart Of The Congos – The Congos
Skyscraper (CDS) – Intastella
Play - Moby
Ju-Ju- Siouxsie & the Banshees
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index