17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Dec 24, 2014, 12:22
Re: Christmas Song
Dec 24, 2014, 12:09
I guess 'Peel Won' would've been a better summation... I certainly can't remember him or the co-broadcasters of his that I listened to playing anything of Tull's after TOAB, and still haven't heard, or remember hearing, any of Tull's subsequent output...I have taken note when the subjects been raised here, and 'when' I get a computer and thence the means to investigate unhampered by a phone tarriff I will certainly do, and purchase if I like. As it is, I haven't heard Heavy Horses, Warchild and Passion Play. Nada. I last saw Tull on the TOAB tour, and it just didn't connect, the record likewise. I think I found it too verbally bombastic/knowing at the time, got put off. I had bought Aqualung and wasn't overenamoured, then TOAB made me say 'nope'. How did I get into Kraut? Peel, and big bro, who had Monster Movie and Soundtracks, and early Duul, back then. I know it sounds 'ultrahip' maybe, but I bought Tago Mago off my own bat on the first week of release...thats the way it was. VDGG/Hamill was another passion - a bombast I liked. I listened to Peel like religious observance, lots of late night radio, taped stuff...yup, schoolwork suffered. Was a bit precocious intakewise too, played guitar in a band, etc. I still enjoyed some Prog, saw Genesis up to the Wind And Wuthering tour, Yes to Relayer's.. but Tull'd slipped off my radar a while before. Hi ho. Yup, would like to make amends. (well y'did ask : ) ) EDIT: forgot to say how much I LOVED early Tull, still do. Put me in front of a pair of speakers with Stand Up, This Was, Benefit or the Best Of coming out of them and watch the grin...

Unsung Forum Index