17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited Dec 23, 2014, 04:25
Jethro Tull and Passion Play
Dec 23, 2014, 04:15
Through a combination of circumstances too tenuous to countenance and too torturous and tedious to relate I find myself stranded in Lincoln penniless with only an MP3 player for company until trains come to life again at 5ish. Decided to hunt ghosts around the Cathedral whilst listening to the recent reissue of Passion Play. It's a revelation. Always intrigued by it but this has really bought it to life. The remastering that is, not using it as a soundtrack to late night wandering.

Got scared up the hill. Didn't see the ghosts but felt them in an invisible conga behind me. Now nursing a coffee in McDonald's. Passion Play. Wonderfully gothic British weirdness. Scary like the chickens on Victorian fairground roundabouts. Imbued with a folkish mysticism (not folk music, not yet for Tull) which we really don't utilise enough as a nation (Americana seems presumptuous in comparison with the weight of our weirdness potential).

Anyway, give it another chance if you have dismissed it in the past. They also remastered and included as extra tracks the abortive album prior to Passion Play. Now sounds like a better album than War Child, heavy as well. Martin laying down gigantic riffs.

Unsung Forum Index