IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Dec 24, 2014, 17:51
Re: Christmas Song
Dec 24, 2014, 10:02
Fatalist wrote:
spencer wrote:
Ta for the further recommendation. I didnt get anything after Thick As A Brick... Kraut won

That's an interesting comment, Spencer. How did you find out about the Kraut stuff - papers, radio, shops?? Did you have an anti-Eureka moment re prog?

That is interesting as I have no recollection of there being a separate category or a movement. At least not one that got dissected in Melody Maker and the NME. Might be an age thing.

I was 15 when Punk happened so had been getting into Rock for four/five years prior starting with Sweet, Slayed, Slider and Ziggy then working my way into the Prog, Art, Blues, Hard and Pub varieties by listening to anything I could lay my hands on. I bought/taped TDream and Faust records in the same way that I would PFM or Focus. It was just a sub set of what was around but with "funny" names in the credits. I guess if I had been five years older I might have been more aware of the politics and societal stuff and put it all together. It was all just long-haired music to me.

Unsung Forum Index