Register
Unsung Forum »
The Kate Bush Story - BBC4 9pm tonight.

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: The Kate Bush Story - BBC4 9pm tonight.
Aug 22, 2014, 16:34
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
Toothy?

Well, "lack-of-teethy" doesn't have the same ring to it.
Carlos
Carlos
3885 posts

Aug 22, 2014, 22:19
I would love to watch it. Copy anyone, please?
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2014, 00:09
Aug 22, 2014, 23:18
Just logged on to say that someone should send you a copy of the programme after, Kate Bush at the BBC - sorry I can't - and lo and behold, there's your request for the preceeding doc. 'At the BBC's just finished, you need to see it as well Carlos...hope you do. Wonderful rare footage. Those who see the shows are very very lucky people.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Aug 22, 2014, 23:49
If you have Chrome, download the Hola Unblocker add-on, set your browser to the UK, and you can watch this on iplayer. I use that for whenever I wanna access USAian, Asian, European sites etc. It's virus-free, so don't sweat it on that front.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 07:35
Elton John was very confused towards the end but it was Jo Brand who bashed some sense into his puzzlement. Good to see Pebble Mill from '78, sadly flattened.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 09:00
And a better than expected ratio of actual musicians to stand up comedians in the recollections by talking heads. As ever, most of whom had just been 'reminded' by the researcher. Some clearly filmed in process.

It occurred to me, whilst watching, that Kate Bush has always managed to avoid getting photographed by paparazzi, all this time. I was wondering just how that's managed. Recluse within gated community or legally powerful management?
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 09:25
She can turn invisible at will.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 09:30
I wouldn't put it past her.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 09:31
Steve Coogan was a bit of a low point, IMO.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 09:35
That was actually better than I hoped it was going to be; nicely put together with some pretty rare footage on display. As with a lot of these BBC4 music documentaries the end seemed a bit rushed, cramming the story of her recent work into the last few minutes. Still, some interesting contributions and nice to see some of the more obvious Kate 'successors', Tori Amos & Natasha Khan for example, confirming what we kinda knew.

I thought Dave/David Gilmour looked genuinely emotional as he was listening to the demo stuff that caught his ear all those years ago.

BTW much as I do admire his work, Steve Coogan actually seemed to be more of a bell-end than his 'version of himself' in The Trip!
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index