Register
Unsung Forum »
The Kate Bush Story - BBC4 9pm tonight.

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2014, 09:40
Re: The Kate Bush Story - BBC4 9pm tonight.
Aug 23, 2014, 09:38
Yeah. Too much time given to Coogan. He does have a bit of a strangle hold over British TV, given his production company is one of current faves, with them all.

Such a shame Kate's final (to date) BBC appearance was so lame. And worse that the programme had to end on that.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2014, 09:50
Aug 23, 2014, 09:49
Kid Calamity wrote:
I wouldn't put it past her.

It could well be that, given her unique place in British music and the amount of respect and affection she seems to inspire even amongst those who don't care for her music, that even the most hardened tabloid types may well consider her off-limits. It may be a self-defeating thing for the paps to try and target her.

That said, despite the sensitive flower/recluse image often propagated by the press in lieu of any actual information, don't forget that this is a woman that has pretty much called the shots on her career since she was 16-17. There's probably a lot of steel in that ethereal wispiness. The fact that the forthcoming dates were such a surprise and had been successfully kept secret in this digital age of leaks and spoilers indicates that she and her crew are very good keeping things under wraps if they want to. I wonder if the fact that 'Kate Bush Inc' is, and has been from day one, in many ways, very much a family business with her brothers very much at the heart of it, has helped keep things tight and under control? And she seems to inspire a lot of loyalty from band members and crew to the extent that they don't seem to be inclined to run to the papers to sell a story or some such.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 10:00
I'm aware of the secrecy clauses the likes of David Bowie, exBeatle personnel and Led Zeppelin can insist on having signed, before any work commences on productions, so this will be no different. A former lecturer at the art college I went to did some basic roadie work on some of Kate's first tour and said it was a bit of a tight knit inner sanctum.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 10:07
Kid Calamity wrote:
I'm aware of the secrecy clauses the likes of David Bowie, exBeatle personnel and Led Zeppelin can insist on having signed, before any work commences on productions, so this will be no different. A former lecturer at the art college I went to did some basic roadie work on some of Kate's first tour and said it was a bit of a tight knit inner sanctum.

Yes, but even with clauses and all that, in this day and age, it's increasingly hard to keep secrets like that (just ask Mr Snowden!). Things can be signed in triplicate, in blood, by the light of a full moon but the internet is littered with leaked scripts from studios with watertight security, so called classified info and insider stuff. They did well to keep the Kate Dates as such a total bombshell. And the inner sanctum thing doesn't surprise me - like I said, it's essentially a family business.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2014, 10:14
Aug 23, 2014, 10:10
I'm sure freelance photographers will have been camped outside rehearsal studios and now at the venue as production rehearsals are now onsite, trying to get some shots. However, if the tabloids have been issued some sorta order to not run the images, then those papperz will not have an outlet.
Carlos
Carlos
3885 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 10:57
I'm not good at doing that :-(
Carlos
Carlos
3885 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 10:57
Thanks dude. I really would like to have a copy.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 11:01
It's super-easy, man. I've seen you looking for UK stuff before. It would save you an awful lot of bother in the future!
wychburyman
951 posts

Aug 23, 2014, 11:30
Kid Calamity wrote:
Yeah. Too much time given to Coogan. He does have a bit of a strangle hold over British TV, given his production company is one of current faves, with them all.

Such a shame Kate's final (to date) BBC appearance was so lame. And worse that the programme had to end on that.

Coogan can't resist the one liner, ever. I like him but it was a shame it ended there. It would have been nice to touch on cloud busting briefly but I'm glad they covered the red shoes album, this seems to be passed over sometimes but it's one of my favourites, including Rolf. I thought Bret was spot on though
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2014, 12:58
Aug 23, 2014, 12:56
Yes. He and St. Vincent's presence showed me that the producers had used decent researchers to gather some better than usual material. Not an easy task, given the subject is one of the most sucessful reclusive living artistes.

BTW, there's a nice piece in today's Guardian.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index