Topic View: Flat | Threaded
flashbackcaruso
1057 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 June 2013 CE
Jun 25, 2013, 10:32
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:

The Soundcarriers- The Other World of the Soundcarriers. Gorgeous ltd vinyl instrumental album on Great Pop Supplement, paying tribute to the library music of KPM and DeWolfe in the 60s and 70s.

Is this actually out yet or did you get sent a promo? I loved both of their first two albums, and the fact that the new one focuses on library music from the 60s and 70s (which I also have several compilations of) means that liking it will probably be a no-brainer for me. I can't see it for sale anywhere, though (although I'll check the NSA when I go to work today). Shame it's vinyl only as I don't have a record player, but I have the means to do needledrops so I'd definitely be interested in buying it.

It came out about a month ago I think- and sold out really quickly, as most stuff on Great Pop Supplement does. There may be a few still floating around somewhere but they only pressed 500- don't know if there was a download?

I only managed to pick it up by chance, wandering into my local record shop on a Sunday to pick up some tickets and it'd been put into the new releases rack a day early!

There is a "proper" new album from the band coming before the end of the year though- as I understand it, this album was an outtakes and instrumental versions bonus, works in progress done in library style (with sleeve notes from Keith Mansfield!)

Just read that the Great Pop Supplement are about to do a repress of the Soundcarriers LP on 'splatter' vinyl, so there will be another chance to buy this. Probably best to check the GPS website.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index