Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 June 2013 CE

24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 June 2013 CE
Jun 16, 2013, 09:14
The Temptations - Psychedelic Soul. Worked wonders for the few days the sun was out.

Witchcraft - Legend. Amongst the plethora of 70s infused rock bands about at the moment I've always had a soft spot for Witchcraft, but this is really quite excellent indeed! Awesome! \m/

Hour of 13 - 333. Delish doom and NWOBHM style hybrid.

Poltergeist - Your Mind is a Box (Let us Fill it with Wonder). Will Seargent and Les Pattinson's new, kraut influenced instrumental project. Don't get me wrong; this has much to recommend it and I do like it a lot and I'd happily point any Will fans in its direction but....in my heart of hearts, I do wish it was just that little bit more freer and madder. I guess when I first heard the rumours of "Will & Les go Prog" I was kind of hoping for some Mac-Free sense of abandon to explode out into something more delirious. There's still a nagging feeling of holding it all in a bit. However, it IS a good album and I hope they do more.

Human Fly - Awesome Science. Ace UK prog-metal that recalls The Mars Volta amongst other things.

DragonForce- The Power Within. Think this has become my fave DF album
Atheist - Piece of Time
Jex Thoth - Blood Moon Rise
Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
The Drum Machine Project - st
Crock Oss - One More Time for Stupid. (Hope he doesn't mean me!)
The Horrors - Strange House
Black Oath - Ov Qlipthoth & Darkness.

Ancestors - In Dreams & Time. US psyche/doom/drone mob expand their sonic palette and the spectre of Floyd hangs heavily in the air, even down to the Hipgnosis style sleeve art. Reveals more of its pleasures on repeated listens.

Have a nice week x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index