Unsung Forum »
Music You Just Can't GET

Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Re: Music You Just Can't GET
Jun 12, 2012, 17:12
Look, can't just sort this all out in a gentlemanly and civilised manner? With baseball bats?
keith a
9573 posts

Jun 12, 2012, 17:34
Kid Calamity wrote:
Look, can't just sort this all out in a gentlemanly and civilised manner? With baseball bats?

And wet towels.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Jun 12, 2012, 18:09
keith a wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:

And wet towels.

I sort things out in a damp mould riven forlorn caravan in an isolated sodden windy place, via a balaclava, hair crimpers, duct tape, and the best of the Incredible String Band. Believe me, it's the wiser option.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Jun 12, 2012, 18:21
Kid Calamity wrote:
Astralcat wrote:
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY YURT YOU SLAGS!!!

That's gotta be the title of your album, when you get your arse into gear and write a few songs, then play them, then do a few gigs then do a few demos in a studio then get a band together then do a few more gigs then get popular then do some proper recording then put and an album out.

Some songs already written. I haven't tried them out yet, but I reckon they'll be ok in general but I'm a little bit concerned re. the teen market in the Southern States of the US.

Namaste _/\_ :-)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Jun 15, 2012, 16:29
Can. Listening to the 'lost tapes' stuff on the link in the other thread made me remember this. I used to really like Can a lot years ago, but then I discovered Faust. Now I just can't listen to Can at all these days, theres something almost forced sounding, or disingenuous, about it all that really annoys me now.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Jun 15, 2012, 16:36
Moon Cat wrote:
IanB wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
Toni Torino wrote:
You really mean music you hate don't you?

Musice I can't get is avant-garde stuff and arrythmic stuff. My brain can't seem to process it. I don't hate them though, they don't bring out that strong an emotion in me.

Likewise I can't 'hate' Coldplay for example. It's like hating cardboard or something - it's just there and I'm not worked up about it one way or the other. Fair play to people that like 'em. They've just done a couple of nights at the City stadium up the road. Granted, a lot of the people streaming past my pod looked a bit like they buy two albums a year but so what really? I expect most of 'em had a good time. Good luck to 'em!

I remember once making a similar observation on here about how lambasting Coldplay seemed akin to lambasting fruit salad. They just don't stir any reaction in me at all (which some might argue is actually WORSE than being actively irritated by a band's music, mind...). I'll admit my hackles started to rise a little when I read about the singer and his film star missus being pals of the Camerons, though.

Wasn't that a Grauniad April Fool's gag?

They were friends until Dave left Gwyneth in a pub.

Samantha surely!
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index