Emitt Rhodes - s/t
The Untied Knot - Sketches for Lost Summer
Flying Saucer Attack - Further
Mona Lisa Overdrive - Trashmonk
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 22 April 2012 CE
Apr 24, 2012, 02:57
I think it's just that ICP tends to talk rough just to be on the level with their target audience. What ICP has done in the past doesn't make them look like angels (of course), but then who are really perfect people anyhow? ICP's hearts are in the right place.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Apr 24, 2012, 04:11
ICP fans make me think of "white trash punk rock Deadheads"!

They seem very tribal and into "their own community." Outsiders don't get it (watchout Lawrence, sounds like maybe you are turning juggaho!)
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Apr 24, 2012, 04:14
Squid Tempest wrote:

Plus bloody loads more. Blimey this is a good period for music. Was listening to some YouTube clips of Ty Segall and White Fence last night, cracking stuff. Not to mention the Mark Fry/Matthew Shaw track - yum!

I'm seeing those two (Segall & Fence) in a week or so as they are on tour together. Is this why you were looking them up?
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Apr 24, 2012, 04:20
FifePsy wrote:
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt - Not happened for a long time. Heard this being played in Fopp and had to be an immediate purchase. Have never heard of them (I'm sure a lot of Heads here will have) but this is from 2004 and love it. All sung in Swedish. Sounds a bit like Hendrix jamming with a Swedish Super Furry Animals with Chris Corsano on drums! Psych pop hooks aplenty as well.

The next couple albums "Tio Bitar" (2007) and "4" (2008) are also quite fine, though I did not much care for their most recent 2010 release (lots of fans seemed disappointed with that one.)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 24, 2012, 09:11
Dog 3000 wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

Plus bloody loads more. Blimey this is a good period for music. Was listening to some YouTube clips of Ty Segall and White Fence last night, cracking stuff. Not to mention the Mark Fry/Matthew Shaw track - yum!

I'm seeing those two (Segall & Fence) in a week or so as they are on tour together. Is this why you were looking them up?

It was the bloke from Optical Sounds mag that put me onto them with this:
http://youtu.be/zpWPgduRk-U
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Apr 24, 2012, 09:25
Apr 24, 2012, 09:24
Moon Cat wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:

The Amboy Dukes- Survival of the Fittest Live

White Hills- Frying on this Rock

Shame Mr Nugent is such a tool as he has been on some amazing LPs.

Tis sad but true. Seems to be getting toolier as he gets older too. One of those cases where it's nigh on mandatory to separate the artist from the work in order to enjoy it.

Probably a good idea to separate the artist from his guns too. And possibly his tool while you're at it.

So he's not packin or tooled up?

Stop me if you've heard this one before ... but a few years back he was wheelchair-bound for a few months after accidentally almost sawing one of his legs off with an electric chainsaw whilst cutting down a tree at his Texas ranch.

During this period I sent an e-mail to his hunting website's Q&A page : "Dear Ted, I've often wondered what your favourite movie is - is it "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 24, 2012, 13:34
LOL.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 24, 2012, 17:24
Popel Vooje wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:

The Amboy Dukes- Survival of the Fittest Live

White Hills- Frying on this Rock

Shame Mr Nugent is such a tool as he has been on some amazing LPs.

Tis sad but true. Seems to be getting toolier as he gets older too. One of those cases where it's nigh on mandatory to separate the artist from the work in order to enjoy it.

Probably a good idea to separate the artist from his guns too. And possibly his tool while you're at it.

So he's not packin or tooled up?

Stop me if you've heard this one before ... but a few years back he was wheelchair-bound for a few months after accidentally almost sawing one of his legs off with an electric chainsaw whilst cutting down a tree at his Texas ranch.

During this period I sent an e-mail to his hunting website's Q&A page : "Dear Ted, I've often wondered what your favourite movie is - is it "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"?

Heh! Chainsaw Scratch Fever.

(I'm still hopeful he's gonna form a band with Morrissey called Veggie Burger)
FifePsy
FifePsy
540 posts

Apr 25, 2012, 14:32
Dog 3000 wrote:
FifePsy wrote:
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt - Not happened for a long time. Heard this being played in Fopp and had to be an immediate purchase. Have never heard of them (I'm sure a lot of Heads here will have) but this is from 2004 and love it. All sung in Swedish. Sounds a bit like Hendrix jamming with a Swedish Super Furry Animals with Chris Corsano on drums! Psych pop hooks aplenty as well.

The next couple albums "Tio Bitar" (2007) and "4" (2008) are also quite fine, though I did not much care for their most recent 2010 release (lots of fans seemed disappointed with that one.)

Thanks for that. Was wondering what else there was. Really enjoying Ta Det Lugnt
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index