Unsung Forum »
Which Kiss albums?

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 110 11 12 13 14 15 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Which Kiss albums?
Apr 20, 2012, 19:28
If you want a quick, almost punky thrash you may wanna check out Wire's noughties album, Send, if you haven't already, MYE.

Now this rocks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mElt8h6jjYI
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 20, 2012, 19:30
Starz didn't have the catalogue to match KISS, given time they could have matched them IMHO Violation & Colisuem Rock blow anything KISS did out of the water but the debut & Attention Shoppers were pretty weak, they didn't seem particularly good live either from the little I've heard
Angel were just to dressy up, no substance, all the LPs sound like KISS rejects, the Live album is OK, not a patch on REO's, Cheap Trick at the Budokan or the Nuge's Double Live Gonzo for example.
Still got the Sinful lp for some reason[could well be the cover] cos I'm fucked If I can remember whats on it
keith a
9572 posts

Apr 20, 2012, 19:35
Moon Cat wrote:

I have long suspected that part of this (now tedious IMO) routine stems from the fact that one Julian Cope happens to like the rock band KISS and this does not sit well with certain amongst his fanbase. Well, guess what - he also likes Van Halen "OH NO!!! RUNAWAY! HUGE TRUAMA! END OF THE WORLD! AAAAIEEEEE!"

Well to put this into context for those of us who loved the Teardrop Explodes, Julian Cope not being into Scott and becoming a Kiss fan is akin to the following...

Imagine if Ian Curtis had lived and then all those years later he said he didn't really like Iggy Pop anymore, but he now loved The Dooley's.

Don't you think some old Joy Division fans would feel a trifle disappointed and mention it on an Ian Curtis discussion forum?

; )
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Apr 20, 2012, 19:40
I've always thought that it kinda sounds like Smokie too....80)
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 20, 2012, 19:47
Not a problem, reviewers [or anyone] over egging the pudding is one of my pet peeves, I know it's hard to set a gold standard but if I take Revolver,Zeit,Paranoid and the first GYBE album as what is genius, I try to rate everything accordingly.One of the best things about this place is that you get to know what everyone likes, if Squid & Moonie are raving about scandinavian jazz skronk I know to avoid, if you & Squid are raving about some 80s industrial obscurity I know I'm on pretty safe ground, but when journalists start bandying around big names on little bands I get very sceptical.I get bloody annoyed at the constant attention paid to the Gaga/KatyPerry/Madonnas/Stings etc at the expense of people who are trying/would like the attention, if the big names want the space stick them in the celebrity section because anyone who really cares about music knows where sting can stick his lute. Oh and stop interviewing Jack White, I've nothing against his music but by fuck he makes sting sound interesting.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 20, 2012, 19:53
or Bonnie Tyler8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovEDhFfgdOo

buggers have banned the original, damn them all
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 20, 2012, 19:55
keith a wrote:
If you want a quick, almost punky thrash you may wanna check out Wire's noughties album, Send, if you haven't already, MYE.

Now this rocks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mElt8h6jjYI

nice, I may start a Which Wire CD next? thread
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 20, 2012, 20:43
Alabama Shakes? Is that a new restaurant franchise from the Southeast US?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 20, 2012, 20:46
keith a wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
I've decided to spend it on Morrisey CDs to burn instead.

That's still preferable to listening to a Kiss one.

Hah!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 20, 2012, 20:59
keith a wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
I've decided to spend it on Morrisey CDs to burn instead.

Of course another good reason for this would be to at least put the money in the hands of man who is a committed vegetarian, one who takes every opportunity to highlight any abuse of animals, rather than to a band who insist that viewers of their official channel on youtube have to watch a MacDonalds advert before they get to hear one of their tunes.

Edit: Just tried another and that was Weetabix first so it's not just MacDonalds

You got a point there. Still, y'know - Iggy and insurance? Lydon and butter? We'll get Geoffrey Prime popping in and telling us we think musicians shouldn't make any money if we're not careful.
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 110 11 12 13 14 15 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index