Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Copedium: info?
Jul 12, 2012, 00:56
riverman wrote:
necropolist wrote:
It's about 70 of the album reviews, I haven't spotted anywhere saying why particular things have been included/excluded. Plus a three page introduction, two page intros for each decade, and a half page Epilogue.

None of the Japrocksampler reviews, that were taken off AOTM when the book was published, feature of course. So the Flower Travellin Band, Far Out etc aren't included - that must account for at least 5 off the top of my head? Tokyo Kid Brothers, Les Rallizes, Speed Glue & Shinki?

Just the one Comets on Fire (Blue Cathedral not there), I don't think the High Rise is there, nor Nick Grey which was a lovely review and beautiful album. Not much of the dark folk stuff either. It is almost 700 pages though!

Did 5-Track make it? He out of anyone deserves to have a wider exposure.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 12, 2012, 10:08
Citizensmurf wrote:

Jules has obviously changed his mind about him. Not a mention, not even in the list of AOTMs
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jul 12, 2012, 10:18
So...is it any good?
daddy longhair
11 posts

Jul 12, 2012, 15:52
ah! thanks. would be interested to see the list of what's included if anybody can compile it... wondering the theme or pattern that dictated inclusion... strange no mention of 5-track, wonder why none of the dark folk stuff?... i've got the japrocksampler so that's covered in my library already... will probably wait for the "cheap" edition of this...looking forward to it regardless.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jul 13, 2012, 02:59
necropolist wrote:
Citizensmurf wrote:

Jules has obviously changed his mind about him. Not a mention, not even in the list of AOTMs

Hmmm, too bad, he's much better than Todd Clark.

And the inevitable reissues already start... S-S Records is reissuing Monoshock's classic 2lp "Walk To The Fire", and and and, they are playing a live show on Saturday in San Francisco. Lucky American sons of bitches. Details here:
http://ss-2.blogspot.ca/
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Jul 14, 2012, 10:10
Thanks for clearing that one up!
soilbrother
soilbrother
8 posts

Jul 16, 2012, 18:15
Play.com are now selling this for £99.99 here: http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/30307220/0/Copendium-Box-Set-Limited-Signed-Edition/ListingDetails.html

Can't find it less than £120 anywhere else.
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

Jul 16, 2012, 21:12
soilbrother wrote:
Play.com are now selling this for £99.99 here: http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/30307220/0/Copendium-Box-Set-Limited-Signed-Edition/ListingDetails.html

Can't find it less than £120 anywhere else.

From Play.com-

"Please note: There is no longer an event in June, it's likely that there will be an alternative event planned for November. Customers who have pre-ordered the limited edition before the 15th May 2012 will gain guaranteed free entry to the event - future customers will be able to buy a ticket if they'd like to go."

Anobody have any news on this?
common era
865 posts

Edited Jul 23, 2012, 16:09
Jul 23, 2012, 16:08
The non-deluxe edition is now available too. Minus the cds, it's the same set up as the Modern Antiquarian (I believe). Available at amazon.co.uk for discounted price of £19.50:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Copendium-Julian-Cope/dp/0571270336/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343055850&sr=1-3

Apologies if this has been mentioned already. Didn't have time to trawl through whole thread.
giallo
giallo
41 posts

Jul 23, 2012, 16:54
Just grabbed a copy from UK Amazon. Americans take note: with expedited shipping the cost is $68, without is roughly $55.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index