Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Re: Copedium: info?
Jul 10, 2012, 16:23
necropolist wrote:
...and came with a free rizla paper!

That's the lucky ticket to Julian's special backstage party. All you have to do now is knock on the stage door at any forthcoming gig and wave said fag paper at the mean looking bouncers saying "Let me through, I have special permission, you oafs!" ...And see what happens.
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Jul 10, 2012, 17:29
Tracks 4 to 10 are parts a-g of A R & Machines Einladung (Invitation). Here's the English translations from my Echo cd and their track number on the Copendium cd:

4 - Invitation
5 - To new adventures
6 - In the magic forest of 7 senses
7 - In the labyrinth of the mind
8 - At the waltz of the inclinations
9 - Under the black-green-red banner
10 - International anthem

And Copendium really is a beautiful thing - despite it's size it's understated, has an academic feel to it, it's like a phd thesis in fact. Lovely paper and two column typeset. Mine's no. 199, which pleases me for some reason?!?
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 10, 2012, 17:50
aah, nice one. i was just trying to shazam everything, but the app has never heard of AR & Machines apparently
copius-freakus2
221 posts

Edited Jul 10, 2012, 23:30
Re: Copedium: info & ebay?
Jul 10, 2012, 23:29
Still awaiting mine have been told it is numbered in the 30's. Has anybody else spotted the copy already on ebay.

The seller or should I say greadhead! want's a whopping £304.98 including postage for number 22 of 250.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Julian-Cope-Copendium-Very-Limited-Book-and-3xCD-set-250-only-NEW-/200788497832?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ebfed55a8

If you are tempted to buy this off ebay don't Faber I beleive still have copies for sale at cover price.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 11, 2012, 11:29
bloody hell, that's mad - but that's also why they charge a ridiculous amount in the first place, buggers like that. Doesn't even include the gig ticket(s) it seems....

Listened to the first two CD's last night, and damn there's some fine stuff on there. More Cold Sun will definitely be bought
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

AR Machines
Jul 11, 2012, 14:58
Well, if Ace Records managed to license tracks from AR Machines "Echo", then perhaps we will see some kind of vinyl reissue. The original vinyl is horribly expensive, and even a recent cd issue is overpriced and OOP.
daddy longhair
11 posts

Jul 11, 2012, 19:15
Can any of you who've already purchased Copedium give info on exact contents? Is it all 120 AOTM reviews? plus other new writing...? or...thanks
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 11, 2012, 20:30
It's about 70 of the album reviews, I haven't spotted anywhere saying why particular things have been included/excluded. Plus a three page introduction, two page intros for each decade, and a half page Epilogue.
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Jul 11, 2012, 21:08
necropolist wrote:
It's about 70 of the album reviews, I haven't spotted anywhere saying why particular things have been included/excluded. Plus a three page introduction, two page intros for each decade, and a half page Epilogue.

None of the Japrocksampler reviews, that were taken off AOTM when the book was published, feature of course. So the Flower Travellin Band, Far Out etc aren't included - that must account for at least 5 off the top of my head? Tokyo Kid Brothers, Les Rallizes, Speed Glue & Shinki?

Just the one Comets on Fire (Blue Cathedral not there), I don't think the High Rise is there, nor Nick Grey which was a lovely review and beautiful album. Not much of the dark folk stuff either. It is almost 700 pages though!
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Jul 11, 2012, 21:16
necropolist wrote:

Listened to the first two CD's last night, and damn there's some fine stuff on there. More Cold Sun will definitely be bought

The Cold Sun album is great. As is the A.R. & Machines one - two of my favourite AOTMs.

I went straight to Disc 3 as I'd always wanted to hear Haare - The Temple, love that kind of stuff - utter bliss. And then after the brief Vincent Black Shadow (another I'd not heard), the 27 min Orthodox track sounded great (not heard it for ages) - track listing works really well for me. Crow Tongue and Gunslingers were two others I don't have that I enjoyed too.

On Disc 1 I really like the Armand Schaubroeck (doubt that's correct spelling) and Simply Saucer tracks out of the ones I don't own. Again the track listing is good. Blue Cheer - A.R. & Machines - Cold Sun - Armand S... marvelous.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 116 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index