Unsung Forum »
Copedium: info?

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Brik
587 posts

Re: Copedium: info?
Jul 09, 2012, 23:25
The amazon write-up does say 'includes themed track samplers' so there must be something there(?) Like maybe a smaller something? The fancier version isn't on amazon either, so the description isn't just a copy-and-paste; At least not from elsewhere on the site...
Time will tell I spose.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 09, 2012, 23:52
the write up is straight from the faber announcement. That 'themed track samplers'line is a bit odd, but judging from how they describe the limited edition version, it sounds like something other than three cd's

http://www.faber.co.uk/work/copendium/9780571281930/
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Edited Jul 10, 2012, 00:35
Jul 10, 2012, 00:30
necropolist wrote:
the write up is straight from the faber announcement. That 'themed track samplers'line is a bit odd, but judging from how they describe the limited edition version, it sounds like something other than three cd's

http://www.faber.co.uk/work/copendium/9780571281930/

I believe they are referring to pieces such as Postpunksampler, Hardrocksampler, and the like, when they say "themed track samplers", as they are not real albums.

BTW anyone receive their copies yet? Comments, opinions (your own), or possibly a track listing for the 3 cd compilation would be nice.

(Also, found a pic of it on Rough Trade's twitter feed)

https://twitter.com/RoughTrade/statuses/221275625514741761
common era
865 posts

Edited Jul 10, 2012, 08:59
Jul 10, 2012, 08:58
Received my copy yesterday. Excellent service from Faber & Faber. Ordered on Friday, arrived on Monday. What can I say? It is a thing of beauty for sure. Book and cds cased in a cloth bound presentation box, with embossed front imprint. Leatherbound hardback book with silver front imprint.

I'll try and post the tracklists later.

Being a book designer myself I can see how much work this package has taken to put together. Much of the work would have been done by hand, so in my opinion £120 is a fair price for it, especially as it included delivery (it's a weighty piece, believe me).
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Jul 10, 2012, 10:30
I was gonna post the tracklist, but didnt get round to typing it out yet. The tracklist doesnt seem to have been posted anywhere else on the internet so far, so cound't do a quick cut and paste.

Something that I noticed while uploading the disks into itunes over the weekend was that CD 1 has a more tracks on it than the books says it has. The CD database that iTunes uses didn't recognise the track names, and I haven't listened to it properly yet, so dunno what they are. I think my CD 1 has about 17 tracks, whereas the book says it should have 11 (I think).
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 10, 2012, 11:30
yup, 17 according to itunes, 11 according to the book. MOst odd. Only on that CD, both the others are as according to the book

1. Lord Buckely: Supermarket
2: Parson Sound: Tio Minuter
3: Blue Cheer: Feathers From Your Tree
4: A.R.Machines: Einlandung
5: Cold Sun: Fall
6: Armand Schaubrock: King of the Streets
7: Mirrors: AllMy Life
8: Sand: Helicopter
9: Simply Saucer: Electro Rock
10:Electric Eels: Tidal Wave
11: Chrome: TV as Eyes

CD2

1: Monoshock:Crypto-Zoological Disaster
2: VON LMO: Mass Destruction
3: Tight Bro's From Way Back When: Hurricane
4: Thrones: Oso Malo
5: Sunburned Hand of the Man: Jaybird
6: Vibracathedral Orchestra: Baptism>Bar>Blues
7: Comets on Fire: Return to Heaven
8: The New Lou Reeds: Stranded in Ashland

CD3

1: Haare: The Temple
2: Vincent Black Shadow: Child of Orion
3: Orthodox: Geryon's Throne
4: Crow Tongue: Ghost Eye Gaze: Ghost Eye See
5: Matt Baldwin: Weissensee
6: Gunslingers: Lighter Slinger Festival

The book does indeed look great, just a shame there's not more of it:
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jul 10, 2012, 14:58
Can you identify the other 6 by ear? Looks like cds are grouped by how old they are. Nice to see Monoshock on there, they deserve mucho respecto, and that Gunslingers track is fucking perfect. I suppose with 120 albums, it's hard to chose exactly what should be included. Might have to make up my own compilation, Temple of Bon Matin surely deserves to be included.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 10, 2012, 15:13
Cant identify owt yet. Bloody itunes fucking up (or my phone doing so) means I havent been able to copy things onto a format I can listen to at work. It deffo starts with the Lord Baltimore tho, - but thats as far as I got
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Copedium: info? Bookshops?
Jul 10, 2012, 15:51
Wiggy wrote:
Anyone know if I can get this in an actual real life book shop? I hate buying stuff online (which has made getting hold of Julian's recent releases difficult!) I know I'm not being rational, but there you go.

If you haven't got it, "Psychedelic Revolution" is in actual shops. I've seen it in HMV and Fopp at least.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jul 10, 2012, 15:58
What numbers are the other purchasers copies? I just wonder if they have managed to shift the lot...

Mine was 49 (and came with a free rizla paper!)
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index