Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Edited Mar 14, 2012, 15:27
Re: Copedium: info?
Mar 14, 2012, 14:55
copefan wrote:

Blimey! I think I'll wait for somethin else to come out.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Mar 14, 2012, 15:48
Get it when it comes out in paperback - and I'll forge his signature for ya!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Mar 14, 2012, 15:50
Toni Torino wrote:
copefan wrote:

Blimey! I think I'll wait for somethin else to come out.

Come the revolution eh?
Daniel
277 posts

Edited Mar 14, 2012, 16:19
Mar 14, 2012, 16:18
segovius wrote:
copius-freakus2 wrote:
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking where did you get this info from. Not found anything on the Internet?

cheers

Richard

Hi

my mistake, apologies - it is called "Copendium". Got info from Faber and Faber - apparently is a limited edition of 150 copies, each with a ticket to a Solstice reading by the man himself. Includes 2 cds to listen to while reading and should be around £200 I think.

www.faber.co.uk/site-media/feed-assets/Autumn2012catalogue.pdf

According to this it will be published on November 1st and the price is £25.00. 800pp. There's no news here about a limited edition, this does not mean that they'll not publish one. It's a pdf link. Err scroll down to page 40.
Kosmischeboy
Kosmischeboy
664 posts

FFS!
Mar 14, 2012, 17:26
Just because something goes for £200 quid on ebay does not give companies the right to charge an over inflated price for a product.

If julian shat in a jar and sold it on ebay it may go for £200 who knows? but at the end of the day its still a shit.

Pissed off and disappointed of Scarborough.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Mar 14, 2012, 19:47
Seems common practice these days - do a limited super-twiddly edition for those wot can afford it but a regular version will be out for those wot can't. A few rock biogs and so on have come out like this of late.

I won't be super-sizing.
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

Mar 14, 2012, 21:19
i believe it'll be a big book on faber w/ a triple CD compilation of music written about to accompany it on Ace records ... the big expensive version bundles 'em both together in some nice v limited package, then you'll be able to get the book + CD set separately for much more reasonable prices
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Mar 15, 2012, 00:00
Is this a collection of his AOTM writings (re-tweaked for publication)? Not sure what tracks would be included on a cd, as there are 120 of them, so it would probably be a giant mixed bag, if they could even get the licensing agreement together.

Maybe, I should start finding some more of these AOTM lps, as the publication of KRS and JRS has seen a giant spike in the "market value" of anything he wrote about. Of course, the positive note is that a lot of those albums were reissued when the originals were impossible to track down.
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

Mar 15, 2012, 08:19
Just. Say. Nein. I know, get your printer fired up, buy some printer paper from your local £ store, print all you can be arsed from HH, put the kettle on, hey presto!
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Mar 15, 2012, 09:01
I reckon the book should also include a few choice nuggets from the Village Pump forum, too.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index