Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 December 2011 CE

62 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 December 2011 CE
Dec 23, 2011, 21:29
Not a case of no love for it. Just not got it dude. My Tull collection, such as it is, is a grand total of 7 out of their 50 thousand albums and it's only been recently boosted by a top sniff that gave me three albums for £8.

Broadsword was my first Tull from times past thing so there is love there already. I used to have an awesome double cassette of the MU 1 & 2 best of's so that fed my Tulledge for a long time; a brill primer and education. Only in recentish times have I been on the sniff for the albums proper. Daft really, cos I really likes 'em but there's vast gaps in the discog in my pod. But, I also figure, it's all there to delve into and every so often Fopp do a Tull splurge so I've been picking bits up.

Seen em a couple of times though. Ian A is great. Everything you'd want in a flamingo dancing Flute rocker. Flutes in rock are a much underused resource IMO.

It's weird, I've come across contemporary reviews of Tull albums from years past and loads slag Captain Codpiece for his voice! I mean, who else is gonna sound as great singing for Tull than ...the voice of Tull? Nothing else would sound so fitting.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index