62 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 December 2011 CE
Dec 18, 2011, 13:13
Sun Araw - On Patrol
Sun Araw - Ancient Romans: new to these as didn't get round to checking out on patrol last year. Both marvelous

Dead Skeletons - Dead Magick - still getting lots of plays. euphoric pschy-goth if that's not a contradiction in terms!

Black Tempest - Supernormal Recordings. Arrived this week and just had a chance to listen to the live disc so far. Thoroughly enjoyed it especially Tanks but no tanks. And Squid is so polite... asking if it's ok whether he can do an encore.

Oneida - Absolute II. Cut price online bargain as had Horizons track from the band website and it turns out that's the album only track on itunes - could download the other 3 for 79p each! V atmospheric, at times minimalist, mainly electronica, beautifully jarring guitar chords in one track too.

Moon Duo - Mazes. Probably better than the Wooden Shijps album to be honest!

Hookworms - EP Really enjoying this tho can't decide if I'd prefer it if it was instrumental. At times I like the singing but then sometimes not.

Others that are still getting airtime: Datashock, Wooden Shijps (West), Emeralds (Does it Look Like I'm Here)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index