Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Dec 23, 2011, 18:35
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 December 2011 CE
Dec 23, 2011, 17:18
Moon Cat wrote:
Stormwatch is a fairly recent aquisition so it's not seeped into the codpiece of familiarity as yet, thought I like it very much thus far.

Broadsword is utterly splendid. It may be hampered to modern ears (or indeed, tentacles) by some of the 80's production - Ian A and Tull did seem to be seduced a bit by the tech of the day at the time - but it's not too oppressive I'd say. And the songs on Broadsword are, to my lugs, up there with the best Ian Anderson has written; some great tunes. Pussywillow, in particular, is one of my fave songs by anyone.

There is a cd you can get that also has an albums worth of extra, previously unreleased songs that were recorded with the intention of releasing Broadsword as a double album back in the day.

Go forth sir, and stuff your cod!

No love for "Minstrel In The Gallery"? Seems to get overlooked alongside the more justly derided "Too Old To Rock n Roll". MITG is a big favourite of mine. Souped up Fairports with a pre-Punk curled lip and Watersesque cynical sneer. He was clearly not a happy man!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index