Re: The Gibson SG
Sep 13, 2011, 02:03
Moon Cat wrote:
redfish365 wrote:
sakedelic wrote:
The most eloquent argument for the SG I know:

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/albumofthemonth/991/

Goddamn!
That review has me itching to pull out my copy of Population 2 (which Ima gonna do as soon as I hit the "add reply" button.)
I wanted to add that I've a goal to buy an SG and have been close a few times - damned close.
Two problems though, they are costly and, as a lefty nobody ever has a lefty model on hand.
I flirted with the idea of getting the Epiphone knockoff which is roughly half the price but they just don't do it for me. Now I'm no guitar player... having last owned a Westbury electric (with dual DiMarzio pickups!) back around 1984 but I do have a strong desire to learn... but ONLY on a Gibson SG (a left-handed model) that's either red or black... and ALL mine.

There's a Tony Iommi signature model (an object of desire in the catpod) and I'm sure, seeing as he is a most notable southpaw player, they must do a left-hand version.

Now THAT would be muy cool as Iommi is a hero of mine and I bet it even has the crosses on the frets! I would love one and you're right, they'd HAVE to make a lefty model, right?
I do wonder how much - over and above - the Iommi model would co$t?
Man, without even seeing it I want one!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index