67 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Aug 29, 2011, 19:41
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 August 2011 CE
Aug 29, 2011, 19:34
Your four favourite Louis Philippe albums are four I've never heard? Brilliant. Not looking forward to trying to find them, but I'm sure actually listening to them will make my travails worthwhile. I've got most of his él records stuff and Sunshine/Delta Kiss and love them all (talking of the Brian Wilson influence, this might be my favourite Wilsony song of his). If ever any artist were in need of a bit of healthy name-droppage from a luckier peer, he is one of them. It's a bit of a drag that someone like him has been forced to rely so much on lo-fi plinky-plonky toy orchestra production; I can only imagine what he'd do with a budget behind him. I'm guessing those newer albums are probably a bit more lush sounding?

Did you know he wrote a book on Eric Cantona? Picked that up from the hour-long Cherry Red interview up on Youtube.

Cheers for the The Left Banke intel s'well. Not sure I want to double-dip and get their first album again, but I'll give Left Banke Too a listen all the same...

Saved up enough cash for the chicas comp, Ming! It's on order. Thanks for blasting it so much that it was pretty much impossible for my sieve-for-brains to forget about it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index