Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 August 2011 CE

67 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 August 2011 CE
Aug 29, 2011, 12:38
bubblehead2 wrote:
Sometimes I find it difficult to keep up with O'Sullivan and Smith's side projects outside Guapo as they usually seem to have a few irons in the fire at any given time.

Or maybe Guapo's a side project in itself, just another product of their own personal musical journeys ?

Reckon i need to check out some of your recommendations. Mothlite, for one, have completely passed me by. Grumbling Fur's on the shopping list but remains unheard. Saw The Stargazer's Assistant once, couldn't believe how much i was engaged by what was effectively a 45 minute percussion solo( albeit subtley backed up Smith's cohorts from Guapo ). Have also enjoyed some of the drifty / formless things i've heard from Aethenor in the past.

BTW, what Boris are you listening to ? Have heard good things about Attention Please but haven't heard it as yet . Have you, if so, any good ?

Cheers !

Mothlite and The Stargazer's Assistant are both superior ambient droney things, the second Stargazer disc is a bit short but V.v.good[a case of leaving you wanting more], as good if not better than Aethenor whose Faking Gold & Murder I would recommend highly [because I'm a sucker for David Tibet]

Boris - New Album,Heavy Rocks[purple version] and Attention Please, I really like them, if you want Feedbacker 2 or return of Pink don't bother but I think all 3 are catchy as hell, sounds as if they have been listening to a bunch of 80s indie rock, if this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS62ESioiCQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EumP-BK0uyQ
floats your boat then you're on a winner, supposedly they have a j-pop influence but as I don't know what j-pop sounds like I couldn't say, but as far as catchy heavy guitar goes they're top quality, Attention Please is the one to get as New Album is AFAIK still only available on import at a fairly hefty price[£25 from Inoxia, it was my birthday :-)] There is a certain amount of repeats of tracks between cds as well which is slightly confusingas well
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index