Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Aug 28, 2011, 11:24
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 August 2011 CE
Aug 28, 2011, 11:02
Record of the week...

CAUSA SUI - Pewt'r Sessions 2 - Another fantastic colab between Danish heavy pyschsters and SBHOTM guitarist Ron Schneiderman - epic freakout wah guitar jamathons the order of the day - controls set for the heart of the sun.

Otherwise...

MOON DUO - Mazes - Just gets better with repeated plays - like a distilled essence of rock 'n roll - no chaff here.

FOLLAKZOID - EP - Enjoyable and admirable - just a bit too Neu! though.

HASH JAR TEMPO - Under Glass - Smokey jams ( bongs not Robinson ) from Roy Montgomery and Bardo Pond.

ONEIDA - Rated O - A bit ambivalent to this - has some fine moments but some of it's just too harshly repetitive for my ears.

2nd hand vinyl...

YES - Close To The Edge - Er, despite some Progophobia on my part i've gotta admit to enjoying large parts of this, mostly the music ( especially the guitars ), as for rearranging my liver to the solid mental grace ( or whatever ), fuck off.

SANTANA - Lotus - 3 x LP's and a lush cover all for a fiver. Some of my favourite live Santana too. Result !

Oldies...

HAWKWIND - Parallel Universe 3CD - Does the world need yet another Hawkwind comp ? When they're as well put together and sequenced as this overview of the UA years is, then, yes. Some cool alternate and unreleased takes of well known toons helps too.

THE OUTSIDERS - Cq - Eye opening 60's Dutch psyche with many a diverse influence on show. Deeply druggy.

Dvd's...

MAN - Rockpalast 1975

KING CRIMSON - French TV 1974

MOTORPSYCHO - The Paradiso, Amsterdam 2002

Have a great week everyone

x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index