Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jul 25, 2011, 19:38
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 24 July 2011 CE
Jul 25, 2011, 18:36
Hail!

Black Country Communion - 2. Excellent.

Fashion - Fabrique. 80's also-rans but I really like this album I confess.

Titus Groan - S/T. Underachieving and yet charming and enjoyable progular obscurity made by vest wearing hairymen.

Karma To Burn - Appalachian Invocation. Top (mostly) instrumental stoner riffage. Must sniff out more!

Snorkel - Stop Machine. I like!

Esben & The Witch - Violet Cries. My Bloody Valentine meet Siouxsie & The Banshees. It is VERY goth although I'm sure the band might say otherwise. But then, denying you're a goth band is often a prerequisite to being a goth band. Whatever, I like it.

Iommi (With Glenn Hughes) - The 1996 DEP Sessions
Airbourne - Running Wild.

MelonHeadMan - The Good & The Bad. Southern Fried boogie rawk from the wilds of ....somewhere in the UK. Part Black Crowes, Molly Hatchet & Rainmakers to name but a few. The vocals are a bit iffy in parts but the riffs rock.

Evile - Infected Nations. Looking foward to album number 3 from premier modern Brit Thrash titans.

Motorhead - The World is Yours. Rock n roll!

Kylie - Light Years. Includes "Spinning Around" aka the gold-hotpants song. Meep!

Hatfield & The North - ST. A latecomer to this lot but I like their jazzy noodly Canter-Prog. Bits, to me are as if Mahavishnu Orchestra were influenced by The Beano & PG Wodehouse rather than Eastern Mysticism. Top marks for puerile preoccuptaions too!

NERD - Fly or Die. Top album!

Have a nice week music munchers x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index