72 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jul 25, 2011, 04:43
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 24 July 2011 CE
Jul 25, 2011, 03:52
Various Artists - el Records: The Legendary b-sides. The musical equivalent of Quentin Crisp. Awesome upmarket pop.

The Watersons - Bright Phoebus. I'm starting to think the more traditional sounding folk like this sounds even more haunting and "out there" than the more explicit psyche-folk. Not a million miles from Mr. Fox and Dave & Toni Arthur's Hearken to the Witches Rune. Featuring the ever-present dual-guitars of Richard Thompson and Martin Carthy. The Scarecrow

Hugo Montenegro - Moog Power

Alastair Galbraith - Morse and Gaudylight

Various Artists - Psychedelic Jazz: The Best Mindblowing Spaced-Out Jazz Grooves

Family Fodder - Savoir Faire - Best Of

Dom Thomas - The Exploding Disco Inevitable

John Cale - Extra Playful

Alfred Schnittke - Choir Concerto. Was expecting this to be all clipped and abstract, like. Was actually quite heavenly.

Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 - Strangers From the Universe

The Raincoats - S/T. Still as fun as the first time I played it.

The Raveonettes - Raven in the Grave.

Enrico Caruso - 21 Favourite Arias. The guy playing on the ship in Fitzcarraldo as it wildly careens down the ravines. Really beautiful voice.

Momus - Thunderclown

Datblygu - Peel Sessions. The Welsh Fall. Once entered the Eurovision Song Contest apparently.

Robbie Basho - The Falconers Arm I/II. I could listen to him all day. Best "American Primitivist" out there.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index