77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FifePsy
FifePsy
540 posts

Re: Simple Minds In Inverness
Feb 09, 2011, 00:02
Jasonaparkes wrote:
I was talking about this with someone at work t'other day - I think there was some shite Guardian blog on bands who carry on when the lead-singer croaks etc...I did point out that 3/4 of the band are there, which is more valid than Pink Floyd in the 80's-90's with only 1/2 the original members in the band.

I do think that Stuart Adamson was a very distinctive singer and guitarist - 'The Crossing' and 'Steeltown' were pretty fine albums...though the guitars-as-bagpipes thing didn't work for everyone. Still, he's not on this plain anymore, so what can they do? It's not for me - I'd love to hear the first two albums from the original band with maybe an encore of 'Wonderland' and 'The Seer' , but will just stick with the records...Mike Peters is probably a better front person than the bassist, who was apparently the lead vocalist - which doesn't work unless Lemmy, Phil Lynott, or J-C

I know mates who saw the Big Country show at New Year in Dunfermline who were raving about it but it was New Year and in their hometown. They could probably have farted and got a standing ovation. Peters did a good job by all accounts. I did see the Skids reunion gig at the same venue in Dunfermline last year and Bruce from Big Country and his son Jamie did a great job stepping into Stuarts shoes. It was a really great night and Jobson was leaping around like a teenager. Also very moving with great standing ovations in memory of Stuart and John McGeoch when Jobson did a couple of Armouty Show songs.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index