Live Albums

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Live Albums
Sep 11, 2010, 20:12
I love Day Before Wine & Roses which was recorded like 2 weeks before their 1st lp. Think it's a radio broadcast for a local LA station.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Sep 11, 2010, 21:07
Sep 11, 2010, 20:13
Moon Cat wrote:
Well fortunately the Earth comes with the USA attached, so you're ok!

That's debatable if you want to be really xenophobic. It's always fun to blame the USA.

Did King Crimson pass a ruling that they couldn't be traded on torrent sites a few years back? Seems like they haven't appeared on places like Dime in ages. i have quite a bit of live stuff collected before that though.

Think I go for the complete recording sets preferably, is USA the same as the New Jersey set that was released by the KC authorised boot set but edited pretty heavily?
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Sep 11, 2010, 20:16
Robot Emperor wrote:
Hello there. Some Enchanted Evening is one of the few albums that benefits from the extra tracks on the reissue (in my opinion). Should have been a double live in the first place. Amazed it wasn't as the terms double live and Blue Oyster Cult just seem to belong together. Still prefer the stodgier sound of On Your Feet. On Your Feet is their Rock live album and Some Enchanted Evening their AOR live album. Listening to SEE now and Godzilla is awesome.

My copy of On Your Feet is a cassette that I think you did for me anyway...

Didn't you buy that copy of Space Ritual from Newark Libary?

No, but as you say, an epiphanic moment when I first got it out at the age of 13. I got a reissue copy for Christmas, but my original copy (for £3!) came from one of those impossible-to-credit sales of some bloke's entire 70s rock collection, held in the record shop that used to be on Carter Gate. Sel got In Search of Space with the Hawklog, and I seem to recall you bought a number of Foghat albums :-)
LMan
LMan
763 posts

Edited Sep 12, 2010, 18:59
Sep 12, 2010, 18:58
Stevo wrote:

Seeds Raw & Alive (even if it isn't really it's close enough to to be about their best lp)

Isn't it a fake live album, actually recorded in studio? I think I have read something about that elsewhere.

Great album anyway.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Sep 12, 2010, 19:28
Apart from some of the great recordings already mentioned I guess I have to throw these in as well:

Bauhaus - Press The Eject
Throwing Muses - The Curse
Jazz Butcher - Hamburg
Soft Boys - Live At The Portland Arms
Robyn Hithccock - Storefront Hitchcock

... although I guess part of me always prefers the purity of the less official and less potentially repaired/overdubbed, re-ordered or 'edited to fit' aspect of the bootleg recording ... but then we could be here all week!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Sep 12, 2010, 19:34
Yeah, supposedly but it sounds quite close to the one actual live recording in circulation. Certainly seems grittier and stuff, possibly the word is grungier? At least than Web Of Sound. & definitely Future

stevo
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2555 posts

Sep 18, 2010, 09:26
Just listened to The Bitter Suite by Hue And Cry, recorded at the Renfrew Ferry.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Sep 18, 2010, 10:16
reminded of another one since last posting
Richard & Linda Thompson In Concert November 1975
pretty sublime drifting guitar exploration plus accordian in the background, adds an odd touch.
Band features several of the Liege & Lief Fairports.

stevo
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2555 posts

Edited Sep 23, 2010, 12:18
Sep 23, 2010, 12:18
Live In Brixton - Faith No More

And a late entry Richard Thompson recorded live in Austen, just arrived sounds brilliant, thank you!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index