Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 15 August 2010 CE

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 15 August 2010 CE
Aug 16, 2010, 20:51
Hah. I guess I should stick to shifting heavy-psyche onto people. Thanks for giving it a try, anyway.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Aug 16, 2010, 22:24
Street Fighting Years, best track Take A Step Back, had Belfast Child, This Is Your Land, Kick It In as singles. Mandela Day/Let It All Come down made up the Ballad of the Streets. They let Trevor Horn have a go on production, basically he over produced a set of good songs. Saying that, it was round about this time when Simple Minds did some remarkable stage shows including the Verona concert, made famous by the DVD. (I was there and went to this concert as it happened during the 1990 Italian World Cup, afterwards Simple Minds advertised it as the best 90 minutes of Scottish action in Italy. They were correct Costa Rica beat us 1-0.)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 17, 2010, 17:01
red paeony wrote:
[quote="1001realapes"]

Kiss: First Album (that one's for you, Mooncat. I'm gonna see them at the end of this month)

Swing low, sweet heads...

If they're half as good as they were in Manchester recently they will, like, rilly blow your pantyhose off guuuurlfren'. Like TODally!

Hope you have fun on a grand scale!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Aug 17, 2010, 17:40
Aug 17, 2010, 17:20
Hail!

Periphery - S/T Kind of emo death skronk polyrhythm prog mathcore mentalism. More to be admired than adored but quite fun anyway.

Stray - Time Machine 1st CD. Double comp of fine 2nd Divison prog boogie rockers.

Horisont - Tva Sidor Av Horisonten. Swedish 70's rock worshipping band with bits of Stray, Wishbone Ash and the like lurking within their songs. Played a lot since last week.

Magnum - On A Story Teller's Night. Fine Brum Pomp!

Iron Maiden - Brave New World. Reunited in 1999 and heading ever progwards album.

Wishbone Ash - Illuminations. Enjoying this again.

Julian Cope - Kiss My Sweet Apocalypse. Really enjoyed this having not played it in some time.

Ed Rush & Optical - Travel the Galaxy. Sci-fi themed boingy drum n bass.

Steve Hillage - Fish Rising. Nevermind the Haddocks! Love it.

Solus 3 - Sky Above The Roof. Larvely.

Rush - Moving Pictures. Still loves it after all these years.

Linton Kwesi Johnson - Bass Culture. Top Dub n Ting)))))ting ting ting(((((

Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast. Top Black Metal Bombast!

Ramesses - Take The Curse. Feel the doom!

Have nice week Rock Ripplers
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Aug 17, 2010, 19:00
Moon Cat wrote:

I have a vinyl copy for you here. Sorry I have not sent it yet. Coming soon!
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Aug 17, 2010, 19:31
I love those first two Lewis Taylor albums Ian, after originally not being able to work out if I liked or disliked them.
I eventually played them to death, and they still get regular spins.

But.....the Lewis Taylor album that really blew my socks off was the one simply titled "The Lost Album", which he released on his own Slow Reality label in 2004.
The songs are to die for, as is the singing and playing, and those Todd influences come right to the fore on this release (he plays all instruments).
I still listen to this album very regularly, and sit with mouth open, wondering how this multi talented guy never hit pay dirt.

I also remember seeing him and Carleen Anderson on TFI Friday playing 18 With A Bullet.....It was a fantastic performance, and the guy sure can make a Guitar sing too!
andreas
369 posts

Aug 19, 2010, 21:50
flower travellin band - satori I-V
john coltrane - live in japan
mountain - flowers of evil
charlotte greig - winter woods
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 20, 2010, 15:39
IanB wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

Cool! Got couple of things for you n' all. Got loads to send people actually, but ran out of stuff. However, now have stuff, so onwards!

Do you know yet if you're going to the Copular Croydon thing? If so, I can bring you things then. If not, postie calls I guess. x
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Aug 20, 2010, 16:24
Moon Cat wrote:
IanB wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

Cool! Got couple of things for you n' all. Got loads to send people actually, but ran out of stuff. However, now have stuff, so onwards!

Do you know yet if you're going to the Copular Croydon thing? If so, I can bring you things then. If not, postie calls I guess. x

Looks like I wont be in London (though not in Croydon either). So sadly it will have to be another time and place. If things change then I will be deffo posting a message here looking to blag a plus one from someone.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 20, 2010, 16:39
IanB wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
IanB wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

Looks like I wont be in London (though not in Croydon either). So sadly it will have to be another time and place. If things change then I will be deffo posting a message here looking to blag a plus one from someone.

Bah! Shame. Was lookin forward to seeing you. Above and beyond everything else, there's still something utterly surreal to me about seeing Cope in Croydon.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index