Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 18 July 2010 CE

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Terryto
28 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 18 July 2010 CE
Jul 19, 2010, 21:25
Vibracathedral Orchestra - Tuning To The Rooster/Hex Hostess/MMICD/My Gates Open, Tremble By My Side/Dabbling With Gravity And Who You Are/The Sun Balance/The Open Knot (Really love this band!)
Sand - Golem
Cluster - Sowiesoso
Doors - LA Woman
Angus Maclise - The Invasion of Thunderbolt Pagoda
Love, Peace & Poetry - Chile LP
Alvarius B - Double LP
Sun City Girls - Djinn Funnel
Tony Conrad with Faust - Outside the Dream Syndicate
Sublime Frequencies - Radio Algeria & Radio Thailand comps
V/A - African Scream Contest

Have a good week everyone.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Jul 19, 2010, 21:45
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
Phantom- Smoke and Mirrors (debut LP from a new band that is very much high gothic. Female vocals and doomy ethereal soundscapes- think Faith-era Cure with Siouxsie up front instead of Bob, early Cocteaus or Dead Can Dance).

Checked 'em out based on your post - I like. Mercy buckets.

Listen here
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Jul 19, 2010, 21:49
redfish365 wrote:
Sabbath Assembly/ Restored to One (super fuckin' cool, retro-heavy organ and guitar based rawk with all lyrics taken from 70s cult The Process Church of the Final Judgement. Weird, wonderful and a bit ominous. Like the soundtrack to a grim early 70s grindhouse rape revenge movie.)

Thanks for posting this mate, was gobsmacked when I heard them on myspace after your post, can't wait for the album to arrive. Nice.
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Shilling Ale
Jul 19, 2010, 23:37
Fitter Stoke wrote:
The Jarrow ales are best sampled at one of Jarrow's two excellent pubs, i.e. The Robin Hood at Jarrow, or The Maltings at South Shields (my local). Superb beers all.

Bull Lane ales aren't that easy to track down outside of Sunderland, but if you do feel brave enough to venture into Mackem country you'll find them at their best at the Bull Lane brewpub, i.e. The Clarendon in High Street East - and at only two quid a pint.

I love real ale me. As my ever-expanding belly will testify!

Hi Dave
have you ever checked out the ale taster in Gateshead, used to be my local for a while when I was home during the 90's cracking pub
Joolio

zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jul 20, 2010, 04:59
mingtp wrote:
redfish365 wrote:
Sabbath Assembly/ Restored to One (super fuckin' cool, retro-heavy organ and guitar based rawk with all lyrics taken from 70s cult The Process Church of the Final Judgement. Weird, wonderful and a bit ominous. Like the soundtrack to a grim early 70s grindhouse rape revenge movie.)

Thanks for posting this mate, was gobsmacked when I heard them on myspace after your post, can't wait for the album to arrive. Nice.

not bad stuff, has a modern clean sounding Coven, Black Widow/Pesky Gee aspect
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jul 20, 2010, 05:03
Sin Agog wrote:
I never really gave Dancehall much of a chance, mostly because whining about how Reggae died with the '80s along with everything else just sounded so neat and easy. The kind of opinion music mags drum into you. But you know, some of the best stuff ever made came out in that decade, so I don't see why it should be too different with reggae. I think when I first heard Dancehall I wrote it off as the New Romantic of Reggae. Totally wrong. Here's a link to a show on Digital Dancehall by Rinse.FM that's almost singlehandedly brought the genre back from the dead for me. So much excellent music.

http://www.theheatwave.co.uk/music/item/25yearsofdancehall/

roots was dead by '82; went thru the same turmoil soul music did, coming out denatured as only R&B, same with reggae.

I listened to this with interest, but really miss the heavy bass and soulful vocals replaced by cheesy plinky synths and sing speak vocals
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Re: Shilling Ale
Jul 20, 2010, 10:20
Yes, I know the Aletaster well. I used to be a member of the Thomas Wilson club behind it.

Things are looking up in Gateshead on the real ale front: The Central is being refurbished to its Victorian glory and The Borough Arms on Bensham Bank is still delivering the goods. Add in The Wheatsheaf at Felling and you have the makings of a decent Metro-based crawl.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 20, 2010, 16:59
To add my bit, tis a lovely thing.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jul 20, 2010, 17:27
Jul 20, 2010, 17:18
Worm Orobourous - S/T. Still lush to my ears.

Trigger The Bloodshed - Degenerate. Powerful, young Brit death metal. Suprisingly good actually.

Abadden - Sentenced to Death. See above, though not quite of the same quality

Charles Mingus - Ah Uhm. Like it

Dee - Various drone tunes on a cd. Genuinely, really great stuff. Have to be honest, a lot of drone leaves me a bit cold. So much sounds like "Press effects pedals, press record, go make a cup of tea, come back, press stop, et voila! I am an artist!", but Dee's stuff is considered, textured and even in some ways, quite melodic. Excellent!

Beta Band - erm...2nd abandoned disc of first album. Intriguing and atmos heavy stuff.

Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of the Silent Earth: 3. Always kind liked this but never WOWed! Saw em at Glastonbury and now it all clicks much more for me. Funny how that can happen when you've seen someone live.

Tudor Acid - Merri Portland. Nice mix of Squarepusher meets Orbital electronica.

Guru Guru - Kanguru. Top Krautyness.

Circulus - The Lick on the Tip of an Envelope Yet to be Sent. Lush neo folky prog from medieaval nutters. Great stuff!

Philip Glass - The Essential. Toe-in-the-water type best of. Like it

Van Der Graaf Generator - World Record! Spikey!

Mystery Jets - Making Dens. Not heard 2nd, or new album, but I do like this.

Have a nice week vibe vandals x
keith a
9573 posts

Jul 20, 2010, 17:40
Moon Cat wrote:

Trigger The Bloodshed

That should be a kids tv programme, starring Ross Noble as Trigger, the not very handy assasin!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index