mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Re: Maligned albums: which do you rate?
Feb 19, 2010, 15:17
Vybik Jon wrote:
I don't own any albums by Maligned.

Are they metal? Emo?

Their industrial remix album Re:aligned is worth picking up.
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Feb 19, 2010, 15:22
Moon Cat wrote:
Indeed! I loves it too. (But you knew that)

which one??

I love the quick fire action of this forum but it does normally result in responses dropping in far away from their original target. It's the fastest moving forum I know of, thus never a dull moment.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Feb 19, 2010, 15:28
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
Indeed! I loves it too. (But you knew that)

which one??

I love the quick fire action of this forum but it does normally result in responses dropping in far away from their original target. It's the fastest moving forum I know of, thus never a dull moment.

He was talking about The Elder I suspect knowing Moonie's tastes?
Rust Phimister
Rust Phimister
49 posts

Feb 19, 2010, 16:35
I second that Neil Young's Geffen years are overly-harshly judged. I even kind of like 'Landing on Water'. And I actually really enjoy 'Trans'.

His recent output sometimes gets a bit of an unfair kicking as well. Sure, 'Road Rocks' and 'Are You Passionate?' basically sucked (though the latter did have one of his best-ever tracks in "Goin' Home"), but albums like 'Silver & Gold', 'Greendale', 'Broken Arrow' and above all 'Year of the Horse' deserve more praise than they get.

I also like Bowie's 'Stage' live album.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Feb 19, 2010, 17:33
Metal

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/malign

Fireborn is the best of the bunch
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 19, 2010, 18:04
Lodger - Bowie
I like this album much more than anyone is supposed to.

Electric Cafe - Kraftwerk
Although this gets slagged for not being innovative enough, this is a great techno-pop album. Besides, 'Musique Non-Stop' does actually predict the principle behind rave, which wouldn't happen for another 3 years or so. I reckon it does have some innovation in it. So there!
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Feb 19, 2010, 19:17
David Bowie - Earthling. everyone was always going on about how he jumped on the drum and bass bandwagon, but to me it was such a lush creative mish mash of things going on. Not many seem to rate the renamed Space Oddity album too which i really rate.

Can - Landed and Flow Motion. Prefer both of these to Tago Mago any time

Captain Beefheart - Unconditionally guaranteed and blue jeans and moonbeams have been mentioned. Personally my fav is Doc at the radar station. Not sure how well received that was?

Stone Roses - Second Coming

Jesus & the Mary Chain - Honey's Dead. Maybe cos it was the first album i got by them

The Cure - Wish. No one rates this as anything like their best but i had a soft spot for it growing up. 4'13 dream is very maligned too i reckon
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Feb 19, 2010, 20:06
Always been prepared to defend Dazzle Ships ... it was all downhill from there for me with OMD though.

Magic and Loss I've always liked as well ... to me it's pretty much the second disc of New York as I got them at around the same time and listened to them back to back most times.
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Feb 19, 2010, 20:36
[quote="Lord Lucan"]Lodger - Bowie
I like this album much more than anyone is supposed to.
quote]

Me too, I think I prefer it to Low/Heroes....though those contain better individual songs (if that makes any sense).
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Feb 19, 2010, 20:49
Is 'Satanic Majesties' generally maligned then? I think it's my favourite Stones album! It's the first one I bought on vinyl anyway.

I like some of the later Primal Scream stuff too, although they've never done anything as good as Screamadelica. I have a soft spot for 'Vanishing Point' myself.

I don't seem to have much of a clue on what's cool and what's not - if people had access to my record collection I'm sure they'd find all sorts of stuff there worthy of derision, but if it's made it's way into my living room then it has something to be said for it.

Don't tell anyone but (ducks) I've even got a couple of U2 albums...
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index