Unsung Forum »
CD manufacture

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wewow_Rebecca
3 posts

Re: CD manufacture
Mar 16, 2010, 14:06
No worries, keep us up to date as its good to know how your getting along :)
We're on twitter now if you want to follow us and keep in touch (wewowUK).

ps. thanks for the tip! I've removed the @ sign now!!
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jan 05, 2012, 09:30
I've resurrected this old thread - and in the process 'bumped' it - as once again, I'm thinking of getting something pressed. I'm gonna trawl through these old old posts trying out links to manufacturers and checking price packages. If anyone here wants to contribute more up-to-date info that would be gratefully appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation, yours etc etc, the usual sign off. Now read it all back to me, without the sarcastic tone, this time.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jan 05, 2012, 09:43
As you may be aware, the combination of feckless miseries and devious shitbags I was playing with (and trying to run as a band, back when I started this thread) ensured that if we were to make any CDs to sell I'd personally have to buy and burn the discs myself without any contribution. Soon after which they dispensed with my services.

This new lot are up for it, I hasten to add. They don't even sulk if a gig comes along!
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jan 05, 2012, 10:02
This still looks the best, to me. Quality and price-wise. They also seem to be geared up for doing short runs most economically.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Jan 05, 2012, 10:40
Hi KC - the people I metioned before (Winmax Leisure) are really nice people, but I have to say they've got increasingly slow. The poor chap who runs the place hasn't been well (I think), and seems to take forever to get anything done. He's a lovely lovely chap, and always does a good job in the end for not much money, but boy it takes forever! My last CD was with them for over 3 months. Just thought I'd better say in case you were considering that option.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Edited Jan 05, 2012, 10:49
Jan 05, 2012, 10:48
Ah, thanks, Squid. That's a shame - but, when an artiste is eagerly awaiting product to sell, it is a bit bad and unprofessional no matter how nice and affable they are, really. Looking back through these posts I seem to be settling on Hedlite's recommendation, really: http://www.gilliesaudio.co.uk/ I've got his Unio & Petitio album 'Footspah!' on my desk beside me, as I type and am very impressed with the print and production quality.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Jan 05, 2012, 14:47
Kid Calamity wrote:
Ah, thanks, Squid. That's a shame - but, when an artiste is eagerly awaiting product to sell, it is a bit bad and unprofessional no matter how nice and affable they are, really. Looking back through these posts I seem to be settling on Hedlite's recommendation, really: http://www.gilliesaudio.co.uk/ I've got his Unio & Petitio album 'Footspah!' on my desk beside me, as I type and am very impressed with the print and production quality.

Not got time to check now (price wise), but I do remember that CD being a top notch cover etc.
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Edited Jan 06, 2012, 21:35
Jan 06, 2012, 19:47
Hi
The companies you are using are either brokers (middle men who collate lots of small run size orders and place them with the actual disc manufacturers in order to get an economy of scale on the pressing price)or disc duplicators. One of the leading brokers in the Uk is Key Productions
http://www.keyproduction.co.uk/. For duplicators I mentioned Nimbus Records earlier in the thread. They originally founded the Nimbus Manufacturing Group which was the first CD replicator in the UK and had plants in the UK and Europe before it was acquired by Technicolor. Consequently Nimbus duplication business is focussed on high quality product. It also duplicates for its own classical label and it's product sells through mainstream record stores.
If you want to deal directly with a CD replicator as opposed to a broker or duplicator then there aren't too many left in the UK these days. But u can try Sony DADC in Southwater , Sussex, VDC in Park Royal North London or Sound Performance in Telford. Leading French replicator MPO also have a sales office in the UK as do Leading Czech presser GZ Digital. Typically most replicators will offer turnaround times in the range of 7 to 10 working days of receipt of your master and artwork etc.
Hope this helps.
Joolio
common era
865 posts

Jan 07, 2012, 13:55
Black Sheep VC Orcadia, along with other FO&D releases, was produced by the following guys if it helps:

http://www.pure-music.co.uk/
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jan 07, 2012, 16:44
Thanks more for the pot! Although a quick look seems to suggest that 500 is the minimum order.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index