Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dee
1955 posts

Edited Jan 07, 2012, 16:58
Re: CD manufacture
Jan 07, 2012, 16:57
Kid Calamity wrote:
Thanks more for the pot! Although a quick look seems to suggest that 500 is the minimum order.

shhhhhhhhhhhh Kid, its dangerous to do deals on the net, you should know that heeeheeeee
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jan 07, 2012, 17:10
Can I just state on public record that I did not make that remark nor do I endorse such prillipic pertumbley bumble fluppits in flapperty dib-dabs perting, perting pertibble. In the slightest.
The Hidden Corner
The Hidden Corner
149 posts

Jan 13, 2012, 13:42
Kid Calamity wrote:
Thanks more for the pot! Although a quick look seems to suggest that 500 is the minimum order.

Just signed up to this forum after many years of lurking and following Julian's music and recommendations.

I ordered a low volume run of CDRs last year from this place in Northern Ireland:

http://mediashack.co.uk/

I ordered 100 CDRs in digipacks - look just like CDS (they're silver on the back) have nice on-body heat transfer labels (not stick on paper labels as in days of yore) and in good quality cardboard digipaks with clear plastic on the inside so you can have a design behind the CD. I found Mediashack very good value and very helpful - they gave advice on reformatting the artwork etc before printing to avoid any disappointment and arguments further down the line.

They do 'proper' CDs as well, but minimum runs are higher. You might want to check out their band deals, which include posters, T shirts etc, all prices inclusive of VAT (a major consideration when its running at 20% or whatever it is nowadays).

If you're interested in checking out my music and art you might want to take a trip to my website www.thehiddencorner.co.uk
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Jan 13, 2012, 13:51
Sounds good - what were their prices like?

hello, by the way!
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jan 13, 2012, 14:56
Thanks for the heads up - and indeed the link to your tunes!!

http://www.wideeyedvision.com/HiddenCorner/styled-13/

Busy, busy, busy at the moment, so will listen... erm, I dunno when, at the moment. Welcome to our world, btw.

PHWWWOOOSH!

(gone)
The Hidden Corner
The Hidden Corner
149 posts

Jan 13, 2012, 15:12
Squid Tempest wrote:
Sounds good - what were their prices like?

hello, by the way!

Hi - the prices are all set out on the website - you don't need to contact them for a quote. The band deal that I went for was 100 x CDRs in full colour digipaks with clear tray, 20 x A3 full colour posters and 4 x T shirts (one colour) currently quoted as £279 inc VAT. They do cheaper deals than this in other types of packaging and smaller runs - all the prices are clearly set out the website.

Their CDRs are top quality ones and I've had no complaints about non-playability. There may be cheaper places out there but I didn't find any last year when I was researching places and prices.

I went for digipaks as I hate plastic CD cases. If I'd had the money I'd have gone for a vinyl release, but albums would have been very hard to shift, given I'm a complete unknown in the music world and the minority appeal of vinyl.

Anyway, good luck in your choice of manufacturer and in shifting units!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Jan 13, 2012, 15:34
I've used the same CD printer bloke for ages, but sadly recent illness has made him a tad unreliable. For this reason, if/when I release another CD I'll be looking for a new company, so thanks - that one sounds well worth investigating.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jan 14, 2012, 01:01
Thanks, people. Plans are afoot aplenty.

Peace
http://soundcloud.com/kid-calamity/thingsjupiter
mlspeakman57
1 posts

Apr 19, 2018, 12:09
Cyclone Music is a fantastic company to use for any CD manufacturing, DVD replication/pressing, Vinyl pressing and many more. They have over 25 years of experience proving these services at affordable rates.

Their website is https://www.cyclonemusic.co.uk/, I would highly recommend them.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index