Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 20 December 2009 CE

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 20 December 2009 CE
Dec 21, 2009, 05:21
Only played SP50 and SP60 once so far ( it only arrived on Thursday ). Some tracks almost sound fully formed but differ considerably from the final mix, others just sketches or building blocks for the finished songs. I think it gives a really good insight into the creative processes behind the majestic finished article too, so yes, i reckon it's worth a punt even though effectively £28 is a bit steep for 2 CD's of outtakes!

It should be noted that any objectivity i may have had was left behind in Row H on Weds night though. As for the blister packed original CD, that's remaining sealed for ever and a day. BTW, pleased to read you had a similar experience to Ian and I at The Sage the other night.

As for the Gravetemple disc, there was such a scrum at the merch stall in Brum that i didn't ask all the questions i should have. Did see something with Gravetemple style artwork that was going for £25 IIRC with a note on it saying Attila would be signing copies after the show but thought that was a bit steep and as i'd already spent £30 i give it a miss + had a 100 mile drive home afterwards and wasn't prepared to hang about anyway. Incidentally, said disc wasn't on sale at the Gravetemple bash at the ICA in Nov when i might have investigated further.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index