Register
Unsung Forum »
UK Reggae Greats

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re: We here in the states finally understand.
Dec 17, 2009, 15:39
Start at beginning.
Repeat as necessary.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: UK Reggae Greats
Dec 17, 2009, 15:42
Stevo wrote:
Does Julian indulge in Reggae?

I doubt it very much. I seem to remember him writing something about hating bands that indulge in the odd bit of skanking.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Dec 17, 2009, 15:48
Dec 17, 2009, 15:45
You have a lot of problems. I suggest you deal with your reading comprehension problem first, it'll be impossible to help you until you overcome that one.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 15:48
Stray, if i accomplish nothing else today, i'll know, that i have helped you finally establish your social equilibrium.
Merry Crimbo.
D1
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 20:23
Right, I've just rifled through my records, and the Misty one I was trying to remember is Earth. I've got it playing now. Loud. By goodness it is good. Righteous skanking power by the lorry load. I'm off to dance to it...
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Dec 17, 2009, 22:56
Not so sure. He made references in Head-on to 'Some very cool reggae' discovered in a friends collection and check this excert from his Krautrocksampler review of 'Rastakrautpasta' (Moebius and Plank):-

'This inner city Bavarian reggae loads Lee Perry absurdities on top of Faust absurdities and combines them all with the New York of Dillinger's Cocaine in my Brain'

OK so doesnt prove he likes reggae but those name checks suggest insight not contradicted by a dislike of The Police skanking around!
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Dec 18, 2009, 00:00
I hate to start this up again but i've just worked it out. Objecting to 'your balls aren't as big as mine weak boy' statements is akin to shouting No Surrender and lobbing chairs through bar windows.

No, still doesn't make any sense.

x
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Dec 18, 2009, 05:12
Dec 18, 2009, 04:50
Cheap comment, I've spent my whole life thinking everybody is equal. Tonite I've spoken to people all over the world from Slovenia, Peru, Pakistan (asking me about a game I didn't have the chance to watch) condidering I wasn't at the game I mentioned, NS is a cheap shot. Whilst I mite disagree with some of D1's comments I'll defend his rights to make them. Get back to the music, please!! (Sea Cat mite go so get back to the music it is mean't to be about reggae after all!)
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Dec 18, 2009, 09:11
Dec 18, 2009, 09:10
I remember back when I working in a record shop and the Spartan rep brought that one and being really excited. I was underwhelmed when I got it home but I will certainly give it another go on your recommendation. Check out the Peel Sessions. I think that's that definitive Misty "record".
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Dec 18, 2009, 10:18
I don't follow you. I'm talking about the twats in the youtube video, not Celtic fans. i know that they are great - I know enough about football to know who the wankers are and that plenty of football fans aren't like that. I don't like being compared to one when I disagree with someone on a forum, but whatever. Back to the music.

x
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index