Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 13 September 2009 CE
Sep 14, 2009, 23:09
LP’s
UNCONFIRMED REPORTS – Akatombo

S/T – Black Sabbath
Heavy rock isn’t really my bag, but I've definitely got a soft spot for this. I could probably manage without some of the soloing on The Warning, but otherwise I like this a lot. Especially Black Sabbath itself.

S/T – Dogntank
Can’t say it exactly blew me away on first play.

BEERS STEERS & QUEERS – Revolting Cocks
Great to hear this one again. It might take a while to get going - the opening (title) track is enjoyable in a daft rather than great way and some folk might consider the cover of Olivier Newton John’s Physical a mere novelty record (though I don’t) - but after that the album really hits the mark. And the thirteen and a half minute Get Down is immense!

FLOWERS OF ROMANCE – PIL
Banging The Door, for one, is fab. Also gave the mighty Death Disco a couple of plays.

SOME GIRLS – Rolling Stones
Funny one this, isn’t it. You know it’s a pretty lightweight affair, but you can’t help enjoying most of it. I could probably manage to live without wanting to hear Faraway Eyes ever again if Mick’s vocals weren’t so funny.

THERE’S A RIOT GOIN’ ON - Sly & the Family Stone

ITCHYCOO PARK (THE BEST OF...) – The Small Faces
Great singles like the title track and Lazy Sunday, but – and I know this will be considered heresy in some parts – some of the rockier moments here are pretty crap IMO.

THE COLOUR OF SPRING – Talk Talk

COLLISION DRIVE - Alan Vega

SEEING FOR MILES – V/A
Free cd with this months Uncut. Some really good moments here.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index