21 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: Yoko Ono: Yay Or NaY?
Jan 13, 2009, 13:30
Love her.

All the bullshit talked about her splitting up the Beatles (like they weren't ripe for it anyway) was all about blaming anyone apart from any of the actual band. But no-one mentions that the association with John Lennon ended up overshadowing her artistic career, which is still massively underrated. I recommend to anyone who has the opportunity to see an exhibition of her work to go and do it. That's what totally changed my outlook on her. It was an exhibition years ago of her work and two other Fluxus artists (Macunias and I can't remember the other one), and her work was way superior than the other two. Really inspiring.

'Why?' is stunning, and the best thing to put on at the end of a party to get the stragglers to leave. Of the more recent stuff 'Rising', as someone's already said is well worth checking out.

Oh, and you've gotta love her for providing the most memorable part of that dappy Rolling Stones 'Rock 'n' Roll Circus' thing. I love the bemusement of almost everyone in attendance when she does her thing all over the musical wank of the supergroup of rock dinosaurs behind her.

Unsung Forum Index