Unsung Forum »
Quo

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Re: Quo
Oct 13, 2008, 15:54
They're sort of Ramonesesque... only without being cool.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 15:58
Ha!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 16:14
Vybik Jon wrote:
The rigidity of the rhythm was one of the loved aspects of Quo. Metronomic. And possibly moronic too.

and rather splendid fun if you're in the right mood. I likes a bit of Quo* I does (but you knew that).

*Provided it is one of the right bits
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 16:21
"rigidy-rigidy-rock" !?
What a load of cock !!

Its only the "M.C" Knobhead that spoils that !

:o)
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Oct 13, 2008, 16:28
Oct 13, 2008, 16:27
Don't. Please.

They were my big guilty pleasure in my pre Punk teens. All the way up to Blue For You and the Cardiff Castle gig with Hawkwind, Budgie et al. Shame the live album doesn't really do them justice cos they were never less than brilliant most nights though there seems to be very little video evidence of that in the archives.

I had the misfortune to see them in Munich in around 87 or 88 and it was just horrible. I was there doing some work for Honeymoon Suite's label who were supporting and Quo weren't even the proverbial pale shadow of themselves. It was like Cliff Richard in boogie mode.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 17:19
It is horrible isn't it?

They were on at Guilfest a few years back and I wandered along out of curiosity as the last time I'd seen them would have been The End Of The Road gig (oh! the irony!) at Milton Keynes in 1984.

There was a Pavlovian twitch as Caroline started up, but was all horribly anaemic. It was a real zombie situation.
Gnostic Almighty
Gnostic Almighty
236 posts

Edited Oct 13, 2008, 17:30
Oct 13, 2008, 17:21
I believe that although we all agree that Quo have changed for the worse, isn't it true to say that throughout the years the music really hasn't changed THAT much ... suffice to say (a good song by The Yachts, was it) ... along with a handful of other bands ... AC/DC and Ramones to name but two, Quo are QUO ... and we love them for that!

Thay are indeed an institution, and it's ALL down the loyal fans that have made them that. Such acclaim only rests with the select.

Roll over, lay down ... what a classic! Still love to hear it after all these years!

"Searching for the fourth chord" was a recent CD title. Indeed.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Oct 14, 2008, 17:42
Oct 13, 2008, 17:25
Yeuch indeed.

I prefer their 60s stuff, when they were still tagging along with the flower power bandwagon. Obviously they were lightweight compared to say, early Pink Floyd, but they wrote some decent psych-pop tunes. Mind you, in some ways Spinal Tap have made their entire career redundant.

It was a funny moment when John Peel played "Again and Again" to a throng of pilled up techno fans during his DJ set at Tribal Gathering though.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 17:29
Possibly "Down Down" rather than the flaccid "Again & Again".
keith a
9573 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 18:01
Was it any worse than the rest of the stuff they've done the past 30yrs though? (Must admit I never liked the original version of that record either)
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index