Quo

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Quo
Oct 13, 2008, 12:19
No apologies, Quo were a great rock band in the early 70's. How good they were then is only matched by how excrementally horrible they've become in the last 30 years.

I think is one of the saddest/horriblest things I've seen & heard in a while.

You've been warned.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I2R-80-7s_I
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: Quo
Oct 13, 2008, 12:26
squirrel shit.
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 12:44
PMM wrote:
squirrel shit.

That's the punchline to my favourite joke!
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 12:45
Yeah. Sad isn't it?

I had tried to find some good old footage online in order to address the balance. Reminiscing what a truly great band they indeed were, as I too was a bit of a fan, way back when. - Before they became Chas & Dave. But, there's nothing much on YouTube - and what there is hasn't aged as well as I remember it.

This is the best bit:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f5pqmNwsoHQ&feature=related
But even watching this, I can't stop from thinking of what they have since become. I mean, I had a single where John Peel was extolling their virtues in the sleeve notes! They truly pooed on their heritage. Perhaps not in quite as effective and vile a way as Mr. Glitter, but I don't think I'll ever be any more likely to buy another of their records.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 13:05
Mule wrote:
PMM wrote:
squirrel shit.

That's the punchline to my favourite joke!

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/the_village_pump/topic/49878/#4
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 13:33
That's good enough, though some good early/mid 70's live footage would be the thing. As you say, it's difficult to find.

A brief exploration of the choices alongside that Paper Plane clip does offer some surprises. Some Ma Kelly songs and a pleasantly rough In My Chair.

I know there's footage from a 1975 gig in London, some of which was on a recent DVD release. There's also a 70's concert film that used to be shown at cinemas, but it may be the same gig. There's also footage from a festival gig of which I've seen the briefest snippets and would suggest early 70's.
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 14:07
Iv'e got a great clip of em doing Spinning Wheel Blues on a Beat Club dvd.
riotmaster
1563 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 14:17
well it made me chuckle. then again Quo always have

MORE PLEASE!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 15:13
I always found the rigidity of the rhythm guitar pretty naff even on the psychedelic stuff I otherwise liked.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 13, 2008, 15:18
The rigidity of the rhythm was one of the loved aspects of Quo. Metronomic. And possibly moronic too.
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index