Black Sheep - I hardly dare say...

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Black Sheep - I hardly dare say...
Aug 04, 2008, 13:14
...for fear of getting peoples' hopes up, but I fucking LOVE it!!!!!

Just started on 2nd listen. There were only about 2 songs I wasn't sure about the first time.

Thought Come the Revolution, Blood Sacrifice, Shipwreck of St Paul, All the Blowing-themselves Up Motherfuckers, The Black Sheep's Song and (most of all) the epic I Can Remember this Life were all fantastic!!!

:^D

love

Moth
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Re: Black Sheep - I hardly dare say...
Aug 04, 2008, 13:28
I'll second that Moth.

tiz COCK ON !!

:o)
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Aug 04, 2008, 13:53
Can excepts be heard anywhere online?

What's Julian's painted cover like?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Aug 04, 2008, 14:05
What you can see of the cover here is what Julain painted. Not a painting as such, but the words/colours that Julian painted.

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/blacksheep/
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Aug 04, 2008, 14:19
Box cover?
Not as good as the actual album cover...
Phewworr!
Those sexy black leather clad MoFo's !?!
..the one on the far right,....;o)
I wish I was there when they were cavorting around the stones.I would of taken a few pictures of my own !!

:o)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Aug 04, 2008, 14:23
Aug 04, 2008, 14:22
Plopped into the Catpod this morning. Not had a chance to play it yet - wanna give it full concentration this evening.

Looking forward to it.

Ba ba ba baaaaaaaa!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 04, 2008, 14:25
That dude on the far right and credited as being part of a 'law council' - will he still speak to us now he's a pop star or will he only tolerate us if we festoon him with gifts and blow coke up his bum'ole? ;^)

(you look well metal dude)
sweetfeed
sweetfeed
105 posts

Aug 04, 2008, 15:28
after one listen, i'd say, yep, it's a good 'un. only one song didn't do much for me - feed my rock'n'roll - but one duff-ish track (granted after only one listen i may be wrong) on a new cope album is pretty good going.

in a nutshell, it seems that much more time and effort has gone into the arrangements (largely acoustic/mellotron - lots of mellotron) and dare i say it the words (!) than the last few releases. and it sounds a hell of a lot better than YGPWM, whose two cds sounded strangely quiet and unbelievably thin to me (compared with DO before it). his lordship's singing is a lot more focused too (a lot more) and there are even some of those 'lush harmonies' that were promised but did not appear on YGPWM. and nothing really rocks (in a traditional way, of course) on this one although it's full of energy (again, unlike YGPWM - i'll stop going on about that one now) - which makes for an unexpected surprise.

i might even suggest to those that have stopped buying jc's cds to give this one a go!

looks like it's gonna be in the shops too cos it's got one of them there barcode things on it.

yours,
sweetfeed
Sounder
Sounder
303 posts

Aug 04, 2008, 16:31
In mexico at the mo visiting folks but looking forward to getting home and opening the post! hope he does some more gigs this year as canĀ“t make liverpool.
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Aug 04, 2008, 18:55
Ha! My hubby certainly scrubs down well, dunt he?
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index