4 posts

Re: Bands you wish would reform
Jul 09, 2008, 18:47
Can
keith a
9575 posts

Jul 09, 2008, 20:04
Most of the one's I'd like to reform already have done or can't because members are sadly gone. And not sure I'd want the Teardrops or Smiths to re-form.

But...

Magazine (with Robin Simon or Ben Mendleson on gtr)

The Move (would have to be without Carl Wayne obviously)

PIL (with Wobble & Levine)

10cc (the proper four piece!)

Walker Bros

Gentle Giant

The Perfect Disaster

Loop

Talk Talk

Siouxsie & the Banshees (Scream-era line up)
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jul 09, 2008, 20:54
Let's face it most of these reunions will SUCK.

As the members get older it isn't about continuing a vital musical discussion, it is about resuscitating someting that died or wasn't valued enough at the time to continue making it work.

If a reunion is to work, it needs to be relatively close to the break up, or the members need to be young enough to still be vital.

How has House of Love and The Opposition been doing, two bands that reunited relatively young.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Jul 09, 2008, 21:57
Good to know someone remembers the Versatile Newts. I wonder how bad were the reviews such that John Peel took pity on them
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 10, 2008, 14:19
Indeed! (and the Sister's thing too. Wonder if Doktor Avalanche is holding out for more dosh though? Prima Donna)
Debaser
Debaser
241 posts

Jul 10, 2008, 16:57
tinky10675 wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:
Punishment Of Luxury

That Petrol Emotion (I'm with Moon Cat on this one!)

Led Zeppelin

The original Alice Cooper Group (the pre 'Welcome To My Nightmare' bunch, plus a relevant replacement for Michael Bruce)

Sidi Bou Said

Adam & The Ants

The Specials

The KLF

Adam and the Ants would be great!

Yes it would....as my 'I wear only black' bessie mate promised, in a rash dunkard moment that "If they were to ever reform I will wear bloody orange"

To be honest all the bands I wanted to reform have done - Pixies, Jane's Addiction, Chameleons - and I'm sure there's another...ah yes original line up Killing Joke and I'm off to The Forum in Oct to see them.

Any others, can't due to death.
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1710 posts

Jul 10, 2008, 17:38
zphage wrote:
Let's face it most of these reunions will SUCK.

As the members get older it isn't about continuing a vital musical discussion, it is about resuscitating someting that died or wasn't valued enough at the time to continue making it work.

If a reunion is to work, it needs to be relatively close to the break up, or the members need to be young enough to still be vital.

How has House of Love and The Opposition been doing, two bands that reunited relatively young.

Well, yes, I agree completely really.

I did really enjoy the House of Love comeback album in 2005, though; no great work of sonic experimentation, but some strong, well-crafted songs, the guitar riff on Gotta Be That Way especially. I saw them live last year and they were rather wonderful then, too.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Jul 10, 2008, 17:53
Bogshed
Crawling Chaos
This Heat (R.I.P. Gareth Williams)
Mothmen
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jul 10, 2008, 21:48
Jul 10, 2008, 18:17
That's true, "New Clear Child" was nowhere near as intreresting as the first two albums, which is strange, given that a lot of the genres AR Kane foresaw (post-rock and trip-hop, to name but two) were hitting their apex at around that time. I did like the solo album Rudy Tambala released with his sister Margaret as Sufi, though. There's a great otherwise unreleased track by him called "Desert Flower" on the "Ambient IV : Isolationism" compilation (wish Virgin would re-issue that series - those anthologies will probably be worth silly amounts of cash in the next decade or so if they stay out of print).

Never saw them live, but a friend of mine who was also fan told me he'd watched them at ULU and that they didn't really gel onstage at all, so maybe it's for the best that there's no live stuff out there.

No idea what happened to Bark Psychosis either, they just seemed to disappear off the radar after "Hex". Good album, though.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Jul 10, 2008, 18:27
Wiggy wrote:
Two bullets would reunite The Beatles!

Enough of that poop, Wiggy!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index