CHevril wrote:
Can

Not until we're dead and gone, C!
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re: Bands you wish would reform
Jul 11, 2008, 05:52
really re- forming and getting a new album recorded and going on the road with it.

led zeppelin.

sorry for being boring
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jul 11, 2008, 07:24
Just seen something in MOjo about Jimmy Page & JohnPaul Jones doing something with 2 of the Foo Fighters. I didn't read the article though.
So whether this is a tour since Robert Plant won't do one I don't know.

Did like Priory of Brion & whoever was on the dvd I got off dime so Plant has been pretty worthwhile pretty recently. The dvd of the reunion was pretty decent too.
Stevo
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Jul 11, 2008, 07:29
Re: Decent video footage instead
Jul 11, 2008, 07:28
I wonder to what extent people would be satisfied with getting decent video footage of the bands concerned at their peak. Not quite the same thing as being in a crowd and soaking up the atmosphere admittedly. On the other hand it does give you the opportunity to watch things at your own pace and probably from a better vantage point. & doesn't mean the artist well past his prime trying to recapture the moment since its the moment itself captured on film/video.
Getting whatever video stuff I have over the last year has certainly enhanced my understanding of certain bands. One that comes to mind is Flipper who I thought played with 2 basses going at the same time. They don't, they had 2 people who played bass or sang not at the same time but interchanged.

Now to get the Swans live 88 footage from Jarboe through the Young God site. Finally got audio of the band from then last year now for video.

There have been a couple of bands that possibly did improve in reunion. One I'd cite would be Dinosaur Jr, I think they're better players now than in 88. Was certainly deeply impressed when they played here.
Stevo
Wiggy
1696 posts

Jul 11, 2008, 12:14
Sorry Sir John.=;0(
How did The Frog Chorus make you feel?
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jul 11, 2008, 13:06
Only so I can satisfy myself that I did finally get to see them play live, of course:

MAGAZINE
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 11, 2008, 15:05
Levitation n' all.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 11, 2008, 16:59
The orginal Pentangle. Oh, except they did. Played last night in Manchester but tickets were hellacious expensive. Hope they do more gigs though.
GeeZa
GeeZa
137 posts

Re: Decent video footage instead
Jul 11, 2008, 17:29
Stevo wrote:
There have been a couple of bands that possibly did improve in reunion. One I'd cite would be Dinosaur Jr, I think they're better players now than in 88. Was certainly deeply impressed when they played here.

Agreed, both London shows I saw were top-notch. Mudhoney, not quite as awesome but still giving it some.

Again I agree on the live footage front too. Gigs (esp. post-prime) often don't really deliver and so it'd be cool to have video documentation of a band in their hey-day, possibly hand-picked for the best and most interesting performances. I've got a few video bootlegs of some of my faves and although the quality is often rubbish, they're still fabulous records of the gigs as they happened and are very enjoyable to watch now and again.

Hmm, The Swans would be interesting.....
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1710 posts

Jul 11, 2008, 18:17
Ah, Bogshed! now yer talking... any idea what the chaps are up to these days, Caldervalium? I remember seeing Phil Hartley play a solo show at the Return Club in Halifax in the early 90s, but nowt since then...
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index