Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 24, 2009, 11:36
Re: 13th Floor Elevators Cd's
Feb 24, 2009, 11:32
Citizensmurf wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
I've listened to the box set at work . . .

Come again?

Did you get a preview copy or something?

Yes. I work in the music section of the British Library - we frequently get stuff ahead of release. We got the My Bloody Valentine re-issues last August, before they were temporarily withdrawn (be buggered if I can hear any difference between them and the originals apart from being more loudly mastered, mind you, whereas the Elevators discs do sound palpably better).
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 25, 2009, 16:51
Feb 24, 2009, 11:34
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
[quote="Lonesome Cowboy Bill"]

Also on there are tracks by Golden Dawn, Red Crayola, The Free Spirits and loads more. Hearing these means I'll have to get the GD album now as their track is great.

You've heard the box set??? How come? I'm hinting to my wife that it'd be a great birthday present to get me in April. Worth a go!

See my response to citizensmurf's post above. We got sent one a week ago. No packaging or accompanying book as yet, though - just the discs a generic "promo only" box.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Feb 25, 2009, 00:33
Popel Vooje wrote:
We got sent one a week ago. No box or sleeve notes as yet, though - just the discs in generic "promo only" sleeves.

Well, if the music is ready, then it shouldn't be too far off for the box to go into production and start shipping.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Feb 25, 2009, 08:54
Citizensmurf wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
We got sent one a week ago. No box or sleeve notes as yet, though - just the discs in generic "promo only" sleeves.

Well, if the music is ready, then it shouldn't be too far off for the box to go into production and start shipping.

Indeed - Mojo have reviewed it this month, so copies have obviously been sent to the press as well.
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Feb 25, 2009, 09:37
I think it's shipped! My girlfriend bought it for my birthday and a card from the post office has dropped through the door this morning saying she's got a parcel but can't pick it up until she's paid £13 custom's charge!! Given that there's 10 cds in the box I'm assuming this is why there's a custom charge - when you could get $2 to £1, I bought 10 cds from the US and got a similar charge (though as I'd used my work address, my work paid!!).

My girlfriend said it cost about £8 postage so to buy in the UK it looks like you won't get much change out of £100.

Of course it may be something completely different and this post is a complete waste of time! If it is the box set what do I do now though - my birthday isn't till April...
kiddrahcir
kiddrahcir
51 posts

Feb 25, 2009, 09:56
i emailed them yesterday and the chap at burning shed said they hadn't heard from record company but would email everyone who has ordered when they heard.
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Feb 25, 2009, 14:52
My understanding was this was shipping from the UK.
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Feb 25, 2009, 16:52
Well if that's the case I stand corrected and apologise for potentially raising excitement levels too early and/or putting UK based folk buying it!!

Picked up Mojo with the free cd with Levitation and the live You don't know. They sound great! Some other good Texan sounds included on the cd also.
flaso
52 posts

Mar 07, 2009, 00:23
Excitement now building to fever pitch! Anyone heard an update on the release date?
BTW has anyone got the Elevators book that Patrick Lundborg put out a few years ago?
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Mar 08, 2009, 17:26
riverman wrote:

Picked up Mojo with the free cd with Levitation and the live You don't know. They sound great! Some other good Texan sounds included on the cd also.

the '66 live track now sounds pretty incredible. Mainly knowing that from the old lightshow cover lp it's seriously been cleaned up.
Not sure how good the Psychedelic world version of that set sounds. Don't think I've listened to it much on there for some reason.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index