Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Dec 09, 2008, 14:06
Re: 13th Floor Elevators Box set
Dec 09, 2008, 08:44
Stevo wrote:
might just explain why there were tickets left. Well i guess I'll get to see a band whose 1st lp I kind of dug. Maybe buy the 2nd one if they're doing it cheap.
would be wild to find a certain bearded type joining them onstage but I won't be holding my breath.
So that's hopefully two gigs I'm going to while I'm over. Hawkwind being the other. Haven't heard about anything else going on yet.
Stevo

As far as I know, the ULU date is the Black Angels only. I booked tickets about three weeks ago on that pretext, but it'd be a great surprise bonus of Roky did turn up, even if just fpor a guests spot (seeeing as they've played together in the States a few times). I'd rather see them backing him than the Explosives - suspect they'd be more sympathetic to his music in some respects.
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

Re: Mad dog
Dec 09, 2008, 09:47
I wish someone would release his great solo album mad dog. I had it on vinyl on swordfish and some twat stole it...excellent album in fact it's his best..even tho' it's sort of a comp
dee
1955 posts

Dec 09, 2008, 10:33
Oh bloody bollocks shite, ive booked tickets cos i thought Roky wuz playing!! ;-9
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

Dec 09, 2008, 11:09
...what are you like?....It'll still be good...I believe the Wurzels are opening up
dee
1955 posts

Dec 09, 2008, 11:52
Ha ha! Im so pissed off!! I really wanna see Roky man, but hey, The Wurzels will be a trip......
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

Dec 09, 2008, 14:04
..they have beards...it's a start....I would love so much to see Roky...he's a god!!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Dec 09, 2008, 14:18
Re: 13th Floor Elevators Cd's
Dec 09, 2008, 14:16
cHARLIE wrote:

here, here! Well said sir! I 2nd that!

8O)

Yep, and I'll 3rd it. Weed is a sensitiser which enhances the just about any pleasurable acticity that doesn't require too much co-ordination or conscious effort (listening to music, watching films, eating, reading, having sex etc.) and whilst I can enjoy most music sober, it's significantly enhanced by being high.

Of course, the downside of that is that it intensifies any physical pain you may be in at the time too (one of the reasons I gave up skunk was that it made my tinnitus significantly worse, but I can still handle the medium-grade.)

As for acid, it's not a regular thing for me anymore but I have no regrets about having taken it. It has to be treated with care though - usually the people who've psychlogical had problems asscociated it have either over-indulged, had latent issues beforehand, or mistakenly treated it as a mere recreational drug and got more than they bargained for.

As an aside, I dug out that Golden Dawn disc this morning and it's stood the test of time pretty weell - sounds almost like the 3rd studio album that the Roky-era Elevators never quite pulled off.
JFS3
5 posts

Dec 09, 2008, 21:08
Citizensmurf wrote:
JFS3 wrote:
Psyps wrote:
Hi....
So, no nasty noise reduction....no over use of stupid noise reduction software - no removing the reverb etc...
Paul
So does this mean there is some NR used on the set?

Um, dude, I think you should take English 101 again.

Probably just a flashback to all those legal courses I took years ago which is causing me to read it in a hyper-technical way, but I don't equate the phrase "no over use of stupid noise reduction" to mean the same as ""no use of stupid noise reduction."
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

Re: 9CD box set !
Dec 11, 2008, 19:16
It's available for pre-order now...lt to 3,000 copies only. I've just ordered...
Johnny Boy
Johnny Boy
103 posts

Re: 9CD box set !
Dec 11, 2008, 19:42
me too, cant wait!!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index