Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Mar 08, 2009, 18:39
Re: 13th Floor Elevators Cd's
Mar 08, 2009, 18:38
I was blown away by the quality of that live track too. I was in two minds about getting the 10CD box and was gonna try and make do with earlier Psychedelic Sounds Charley box, not anymore !

Still only appears to be available directly with no actual date as yet...

http://www.internationalartistsrecords.com/13th_floor_elevators_sign_of_the_three_eyed_men.html

£75 is more than I can really afford at the moment so will just have to re-pawn my soul for rock 'n roll.
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Mar 09, 2009, 09:22
Stevo wrote:
riverman wrote:

Picked up Mojo with the free cd with Levitation and the live You don't know. They sound great! Some other good Texan sounds included on the cd also.

the '66 live track now sounds pretty incredible. Mainly knowing that from the old lightshow cover lp it's seriously been cleaned up.
Not sure how good the Psychedelic world version of that set sounds. Don't think I've listened to it much on there for some reason.

The Psychedelic world version is poor. In fact it was a while before it dawned on me that I had already heard this before as there's no comparison. I think I'd probably listened to those live tracks once - the mojo version has been on repeat. I love the fact the new version just sounds so fresh and exciting and blows you away - and then you've got about 12 people politely applauding at the end!
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Mar 09, 2009, 11:04
Mar 09, 2009, 10:57
I've just started reading Paul's Eye Mind book and I am liking this book lots! Infact I can't put it down ... very well put together and very powerful !

Rock on Paul I tip my hat off to you man!

(((charrr a massive 13th Floor Elevators fan)))
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Night Of The Vampire
Mar 09, 2009, 15:14
What a great song ... Mr Erickson simply blows my mind to dust.

(((charrr)))
charlbury
81 posts

Mar 09, 2009, 16:49
Just got this:
Thank you for preordering "Sign of the 3-Eyed Men" from the International Artist Records online store hosted by BurningShed.com

The boxed set is in full production with a shipping date in the first week of June. This is slightly later than the "spring" timing first announced, due to the intricacies of putting such a comprehensive set together. We feel sure you will not be disappointed with the end product on the basis of the excellent reviews in many key music magazines we have already received of the pre-release sample materials. Extracts from these will be added to the website in the near future.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.
earthlingfred93
1115 posts

Mar 09, 2009, 18:39
charlbury wrote:
Just got this:
Thank you for preordering "Sign of the 3-Eyed Men" from the International Artist Records online store hosted by BurningShed.com

The boxed set is in full production with a shipping date in the first week of June. This is slightly later than the "spring" timing first announced, due to the intricacies of putting such a comprehensive set together. We feel sure you will not be disappointed with the end product on the basis of the excellent reviews in many key music magazines we have already received of the pre-release sample materials. Extracts from these will be added to the website in the near future.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

Yes me too.....bugger!!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Mar 10, 2009, 16:59
Mar 09, 2009, 19:04
cHARLIE wrote:

I've just started reading Paul's Eye Mind book and I am liking this book lots! Infact I can't put it down ... very well put together and very powerful !

Rock on Paul I tip my hat off to you man!

(((charrr a massive 13th Floor Elevators fan)))

Agreed. I've just started reading it for the second time - it's one of the best researched rock biogs I've ever come across. He seems to have tracked down pretty much involved in the story who's still alive along with copious quotes from the two who aren't (Stacy Sutherland and label A&R man Lelan Rodgers).

Very glad I wasn't growing up in Texas during the mid-60s. Seems as though they Elevators had to put up with as much intimidation and harassment from the fuzz as a band in an Eastern Bloc country would have done.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: due date early June
Mar 09, 2009, 19:13
just got a message from burning shed apologising for delays meaning shipping would now be about 1st week of June.
Mr Crowley
Mr Crowley
184 posts

Re: due date early June
Mar 09, 2009, 19:24
Yeah, received mine today also

All good things to those that wait, I suppose
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index