Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What do you truly remember from childhood?

109 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re: What do you truly remember from childhood?
Nov 20, 2007, 20:04
Collecting frogspawn...Villa in Division 3 (Vic Crowe / Andy Lockhead days)...Cuddles the killer whale at Dudley zoo...Mott The Hoople playing Honalochie Boogie on TOTP...Daleks & Sea-Devils...car washing for pocket money....matchbox cars...mouse trap game...reel-to-reel tape recorders...Dad fiddling with the aerial so we could watch 'Alias Smith & Jones' on the all new BBC2....Ed Stewart's Junior Choice (where I discovered Bowie)...swimming braids & the smell of those luminous swimming bags bought from school....peeling school glue off my hands...scrumping...TISWAS!...Wilson's Fun Fair (apparently still going strong)...British Bulldog in the playground...'Chip' book club...Emile & The Detectives...Agaton Sax....Mr Piper on TV...and of course the Banana Splits (Dear Drooper....)...living in the middle of Redditch and being surrounded by fields (really!!)...the sound of the rag & bone man...swimming in any pond or river I could find...Clarke's commandos (with the compass in the heel of course)...brushed denim....thinking what a strange song 'Rock On' by David Essex was....the musty smell of the caravan.....

Man, I could go on forever....
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index